What is CLEAR?
CLEAR’s mission is to strengthen security and create frictionless experiences. We believe you are you and by using your biometrics – your eyes, face, and fingerprints – we keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to – breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctor’s office, access your office building, and more – without ever pulling out your wallet. CLEAR is currently available in 50+ airports, stadiums and venues nationwide. Now with Health Pass, CLEAR securely connects a person’s digital identity to multiple layers of COVID-related insights to help reduce public health risk and restore peace of mind.
We’re defining and leading an entirely new industry, obsessing over our customers, and investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 List for the second year in a row and winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, CLEAR is providing innovative technology options for businesses and our 5+ million members to help create a safer environment no matter where you go.
As a General Manager, you will be fully responsible for leading and driving the daily operations of your location. You will drive employee engagement and foster an environment where team members are accountable for delivering exceptional security and customer service experiences while continuously sharing the CLEAR story. You will oversee all hourly and salaried team members and will be responsible for all administrative and leadership functions to ensure a smooth operation. Other responsibilities of the General Manager role include:
- Resolve stakeholder concerns &/or inquiries in an appropriate and timely manner, escalating to higher level as necessary.
- Responsible for the team’s complete comprehension and unwavering adherence to operational/security procedures, laws, regulations and company directives in order to effectively execute our commitment to security, manage risk (organizational and member), fulfill operational and compliance requirements.
- Monitor controllable expenses to ensure financial targets are met or exceeded.
- Observe operations, monitor reports and conduct audits to ensure all activities are in accordance with policies and procedures, regulatory, legal and ethical requirements, escalating issues to senior/executive management as necessary.
- Review and monitor sales and service performance against plan to identify gaps, issues and best practices; develop and implement action plans to close the gaps and resolve the issues.
- Monitor and analyze key metrics, customer feedback, and direct “on the floor” observations so that data-driven decisions are at the foundation of business decisions.
- Assess and deploy equipment and processes to optimize allocation of resources within the station.
- Build and sustain a diverse team of talent who successfully and consistently deliver on the CLEAR objectives related to security, service, and sales.
- Provide leadership and direction to station employees so that individual and/or team duties and responsibilities clearly align with the organization’s mission and goals.
- Upholding our standards to balance security with an excellent customer experience
- 70 % of time spent on the floor coaching, mentoring and leading your team
- Develop and maintain relationships with key airport stakeholders to include, but not limited to, local TSA, airline and station leadership
- Consistently focusing attention on team development and coaching
- Ensure CLEAR’s enrollment and verification operations are conducted with the highest levels of security and integrity
- Deep understanding of our technology and processes to be able to troubleshoot easily, anytime.
- Oversight and execution of payroll and scheduling: Ensuring overall labor use is efficient and effective.
- Ensures team maintains the equipment, signage, and facility so that they are visually appealing and free of blemishes or inconsistencies
- Collaborate with leadership to assess opportunities on a regular basis in order to identify strengths, opportunities, weakness, and threats.
- Contribute to the effective interface and interaction within cross-functional teams at CLEAR (e.g., Corporate Partnerships, Customer Experience, Finance, Technology, etc.) to provide optimal service to customers, optimize opportunities for growth, leverage resources that may provide for deeper relationships with stakeholders.
As a General Manager, you are an experienced, self-motivated operator who knows how to build and consistently motivate a great team. You are interested in truly ‘owning’ your location from top to bottom. You must exhibit uncommonly high standards and be committed to the training and development of our team members.
Other requirements of the CLEAR General Manager role include:
- A dynamic leader with at least 8+ years relevant management experience in a customer-facing sales and service operation
- Deep knowledge of the financial aspects of business operations
- Strong leadership, organizational, administrative and project management skills with a proven success in strategic relationship building and operations management
- Proven success in strategic relationship building and operations management
- Ability to communicate with team members in a straightforward and positive manner; to outline goals and facilitate performance improvement and employee development
- Experience with Google G-Suite
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to motivate, mentor and influence others
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- In-depth knowledge of, and experience in, employee engagement, customer satisfaction, sales and adhering to compliance standards
- Ability to stand/walk for extended periods of time
- Availability to work a non-traditional schedule
- Must be able to pass a background check, government background investigation, drug test and Airport Badging process
CLEAR is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.