ClearEstate is a Series A startup backed by leading Fintech investors - OMERs, Diagram, NAVentures and Portag3 Venture. We’re looking for extraordinary people to shape our offering and solidify our leadership position in a massive $40B market.
Since 2020, ClearEstate offers technology-enabled services, designed to handle all estate planning and settlement needs. We are building an end-to-end tech-enabled service to alleviate the procedural and emotional burdens of estate planning and settlement.
Aiming to empower underserved executors, we value team members who share our core values and will naturally thrive in our culture of empathy, transparency, growth mindset, radical accountability, genuine care, and diversity and inclusion.
About the opportunity
To achieve our goals, we are looking for a licensed attorney with experience in the wills & estates practice to work with us as an external consultant. This person will be working with the professional services and operations teams to help serve our clients and build our platform. Workload will vary based on clients' needs.
- Draft estate planning and settlement documents;
- Represent executors in probate applications and filings;
- Support executor duties on and off platform;
- Probate & estate administration;
- Perform legal research;
- Assist in asset evaluation;
- Assist with living wills & trusts;
- Assist clients through difficult times.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in wills & estates practice;
- Qualified attorney in the jurisdiction in which you are applying;
- Demonstrated ability to learn, be flexible, and find solutions to everyday startup challenges;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Good communicator & interpersonal skills;
- Ability to manage client relationships;
- Willingness to embrace technology and disrupt the field of estate law.
ClearEstate respects individual differences and guarantees equal opportunities and inclusion. Therefore, all applications are treated equally and recruitment is based solely on skills and experience. Accessibility accommodations offered upon request.