ClearEstate is a Series A startup backed by leading Fintech investors - OMERs, Diagram, NAVentures and Portag3 Venture. We’re looking for extraordinary people to shape our offering and solidify our leadership position in a massive $40B market.
Since 2020, ClearEstate offers technology-enabled services, designed to handle all estate planning and settlement needs. We are building an end-to-end tech-enabled service to alleviate the procedural and emotional burdens of estate planning and settlement.
Aiming to empower underserved executors, we value team members who share our core values and will naturally thrive in our culture of empathy, transparency, growth mindset, radical accountability, genuine care, and diversity and inclusion.
What You’ll Do
- Build a team of software engineers, devops and QA focused on building key technical components of our products.
- Support all facets of team management to attract, engage, retain, and nurture teams of outstanding engineers (i.e., recruitment, coaching, training and development, performance evaluation).
- Partner with the product and UX teams and other cross functional partners to develop overall vision, strategy and roadmap for our engineering systems and product suites.
- Develop a technical roadmap and vision, with guidance to both your team members and your peers.
- Champion engineering and operational excellence, establishing metrics and processes for regular assessment and improvement.
- Establish a solid project framework and excellent development processes.
- Drive an excellent customer experience, continually raising the bar on functionality, usability, and simplicity.
- Provide technical and architectural direction for the development, design, integration, testing, and maintenance of our product suite
- Lead agile software processes for the engineering team and introduce best-in-class industry practices.
- Handle technical debt to ensure our development velocity stays responsive and predictable while minimizing production incidents of our operations
What We Value
- 5+ years of experience leading engineering teams, including 2+ years of experience in managing senior engineering managers or 2nd level managers.
- 10+ years of work experience architecting, developing, and launching software products and/or services, ideally at a Consumer Software company.
- Strong analytic skills and a demonstrated sense of ownership and accountability.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a wide variety of people.
- A service-oriented mentality while driving excellence across the organization.
- Strong organizational skills, both for yourself and the team
- Business acumen: Proven understanding of business dynamics, goals, and product strategy. Knowledge of how Engineering fits into ClearEstate’s overall business.
- The ability to balance business needs, a sense of urgency, conflicting constraints, and shipping high quality and pragmatic solutions in a fast-moving and quickly-growing company.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field/equivalent practical experience
- High Preference for a technical/engineering background;
What you'll get from us:
- Competitive salary;
- Early stock options;
- A strong work-life balance with 20 paid vacation and 6 personal days;
- $3,000 health spending account ($5,000 with spouse);
- Hybrid remote work;
- Allowance for fitness program of your choice;
- Team-bonding and social activities once a quarter;
- Skill development opportunities through Lunch & Learn talks and external learning opportunities;
- An opportunity to disrupt an entire industry.
- Brand new MacBook;
ClearEstate respects individual differences and guarantees equal opportunities and inclusion. Therefore, all applications are treated equally and recruitment is based solely on skills and experience.