Title: Senior Accountant, General Accounting
Reports to: Accounting Manager
This position is located in Austin and currently remote, we are open to a hybrid role once we return to office
Job Type: Full Time, Exempt
The Senior Accountant – General Accounting is responsible for providing meaningful and accurate accounting and analysis related to Cash, Prepaid Expenses, Taxes (both Sales & Income) and Treasury oversight. They will keep up to date on current US GAAP pronouncements impacting their span of focus. You will exercise professional independence, sound judgment, critical thinking, business process, technical acumen, and an internal and external customer perspective in the performance of assigned duties subject to general supervision by the Accounting Manager.
- Prepare and record certain asset, liability, expense entries by compiling and analyzing account information, producing related reconciliations in accordance with monthly close calendar.
- Prepare daily bank feeds, cash reporting and work on banking related oversight.
- Assist with Annual Audit in preparing requested schedules and
- Perform accounting and reporting as it relates to the Company’s Sales & Use and Income Taxes.
- Assist with special projects, analyses and duties as needed to achieve quarterly
- Assist with improving the monthly close process by identifying efficiencies and streamline current
- Fixed asset accounting
- Manage internally developed software capitalization
- Assist in systems implementations as needed
- Experience understanding of accounting and reporting requirements, as well as internal controls implementation
- NetSuite experience with Fixed Asset Module and General Ledger
- High degree of interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to improve processes and adapt to change
- Strong Excel skills (e.g. - pivot tables, VLOOKUPS, Index/Match) and proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Analytical skills to evaluate the effectiveness of the safeguards, technology, tools, and processes used to reduce
- Detail oriented; ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with a precise
- Requires limited direction to complete standard
- Excellent project management skills through prioritization of multiple tasks and goals to ensure timely and accurate
- Proven track record of effective decision-making. Makes good business decisions and applies sound judgment around the escalation of
- Excellent oral and written business communication
- Experience in SaaS companies a plus
- Strong process-orientation and strives for continuous
- Need to have a coachable attitude and contribute to team
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive business information/data
Education and Experience:
- 4+ years accounting experience in required duties
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, CPA preferred
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office products required (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).