Our Value Proposition:
Clearcover is a venture-backed technology start-up disrupting the trillion dollar legacy insurance market. We’ve focused on building products that create confident, happy customers - and we’re flourishing. We believe in putting our people first, paying them well and working together to solve tough problems. If you’d like a high-growth opportunity with an award-winning company, let’s chat.
What is a Director of FP&A?
We are looking for an experienced Director of FP&A to lead the budgeting, forecasting, long-term planning and strategic business analysis of the Finance team. This person in this position will oversee day-to-day FP&A responsibilities, company financial planning processes, and building models and analysis to help our business make decisions for its future. The Director of FP&A will be responsible for identifying and understanding key drivers of the business, and incorporating those into operating budgets and quarterly forecasts, as well as developing relevant metrics and thorough variance analysis to track business performance and prepare materials to report out on results to senior leadership and our Board of Directors. This person in this role will lead a team of financial analysts and partner with and support key business leaders and initiatives throughout the organization.
- Conduct financial analysis, modeling, forecasting and reporting and implement processes to streamline financial operations
- Deeply understand key business questions and issues to build models and analytical frameworks that provide insights and recommendations to business partners
- Translate financial results and analysis into relevant, impactful narratives to communicate to stakeholders
- Oversee creation of and proactively provide insight to internal business review and board presentations
- Develop analytics, processes, and related tools to explain variances in actual results and to predict future financial performance
- Manage accurate financial reporting and associated analysis
- Provide ad-hoc reporting and analysis
What are our must haves?
- Management experience at rapid growth companies
- Experience supporting new or growing companies or business units with long-term strategic planning
- Demonstrated success building relationships and working collaboratively with business leaders in support of financial planning and performance measurement, including reporting and analysis
- Solid organizational skills and ability to balance multiple priorities in a dynamic environment
- Exceptional analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving skills with a deep intellectual curiosity and an ability to make data-based decisions
- Must be able to lead through influence, rather than authority only. Also must be a team player and able to operate as a “player-coach”
- Advanced Excel experience required
- Experience in the insurance industry, is preferred (reinsurance experience is a bonus)
- MBA or CFA are nice to have, but not required
- Experience with Workday Adaptive Planning is a plus
But wait, there’s more:
As a people-first company, your health and well-being is a priority at Clearcover. We offer comprehensive benefits for individuals and families:
- Medical. We offer rich and affordable BCBS plans for you and your dependents. If you select the high deductible health plan, we offer an HRA and contribute to your HSA.
- Dental and vision. We cover 100% of dental and vision premiums for you and your dependents.
- Pre-tax benefits, disability, and life insurance.
- 401(k). We contribute 3%, even if you contribute nothing.
We’ve also curated a stack of perks and benefits that stretch beyond the expected. Our people have access to:
- Generous vacation, 12 paid holidays, and parental leave.
- Equity in the company (plus an evergreen plan) and an annual bonus program.
- Employee resource groups, live yoga, and mental health workshops.
- Top of the line hardware, snack stipends, and meeting free “Focus Fridays”.
We’re a remote first company, having paved the way for flexible work locations and continue to offer this flexibility. If you are local or in town visiting, you also have the choice to work from our Chicago HQ office.
- Remote employees are eligible to work from: AZ, CO, CT, FL, GA, IA, IL, IN, KS, MA, MI, MN, MO, NC, NJ, OK, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WI.
Because we are a remote first company, we ask that your internet can keep up with our pace.
To top it all off, if Clearcover is available in your state, you could have access to an employee discount on auto-insurance! Excited to learn more? Complete the application below!
Clearcover is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.