Clearco is the world’s largest e-commerce investor. Our equity-free capital products intend to help businesses scale while maintaining 100% ownership and control. The Clearco vision is simple: remove the obstacles between brilliant ideas and brilliant businesses.
As a member of the Infrastructure team at Clearco, you will assist with creating and managing our production infrastructure, software delivery pipeline, tooling and processes with an aim to improve responsiveness, resiliency and scalability. You’ll perform incident response and system and issue diagnosis. You’ll work with your teammates to identify trouble areas and create and implement solutions to them. You’ll help guide the larger engineering team by providing insights and suggestions on various projects with an aim toward making sound architectural decisions. You’ll also have the opportunity to work on our software development lifecycle, including developer tooling, testing, CI and production deployments. In short, you’ll use your skills to make our application run better, and to help improve the lives of every developer at Clearco.
Application Deadline: ongoing.
Who we’re looking for:
We want people who like to think about hard problems and have the desire to solve them. We’re looking for folks with experience running applications in production cloud environments. We want folks who like working on a team, both sharing the knowledge they have, and learning from their peers.
If you look at things and think to yourself “this could be so much better if...” then we want to talk with you!
- Proficiency with: Kubernetes, Jenkins, Docker, and any of the following scripting languages (bash, go, python).
- 5+ years experience managing mission-critical systems at scale.
- Comfortable with debugging and problem tracing through multiple layers of service and infrastructure.
- Familiarity with orchestration / configuration management tools (puppet, ansible, terraform etc.)
- Experience managing HTTP based APIs and services.
- Familiar with high availability mechanisms and traffic routing / load balancing.
- Familiarity TCP/IP, HTTP, TLS, load balancing, DNS, and every step of how a web request gets from the browser to the server and back.
Bonus points if you have experience with:
- Strong background in Linux/UNIX administration and related topics.
- Proficiency with networking design, working within cloud environments, diagnostics and troubleshooting (GCP).
- Terraform experience.
- Metrics and Monitoring (Prometheus / Grafana).
- CloudSQL (PostgreSQL).
- Redis, RabbitMQ.
- Understanding of application architectures.
- Writing guides and docs to help fellow engineers.
You will thrive if you:
- Are collaborative, and enjoy working with your teammates to come up with solutions to complex problems.
- Are comfortable with and enjoy working in production environments.
- Like troubleshooting and identifying ways that systems and processes can be improved.
- Are driven to improve systems and processes.
- Are excited to learn about new technologies and ways of accomplishing things, and putting those learnings into practice.
- Enjoy working on the backend of applications in production and cloud environments.
- Are passionate about improving the lives of other developers, both in development and deployment of our application, but also improving the software development tools and processes.
- Are Interested in Clearco’s core domain - finance, technology, eCommerce and SMBs
- Are excited by the prospect of having many options for learning and specialization.
What your day-to-day will look like:
- Assist in the operation of our production application, managing the cloud environment and develop and update tools to make the application run smoothly.
- Take the lead on highly visible technical issues, help others on the team with complex problems, and work closely with the engineering, data science and product teams.
- Help produce technical documentation for our production infrastructure and processes.
- Periodically help other engineers with issues related to our production environments and software delivery processes.
- Be involved in project definition, design/development, QA and deployment.
- Work in an agile environment with bi weekly sprints.
- Assist with improving and maintaining our internal tools such as infrastructure as code, production management tools, CI/CD, monitoring & error reporting.
Clearco is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply. At Clearco, we’re committed to developing and upholding an inclusive, transparent, and comfortable environment for all. We create a space where every voice, perspective, and idea is heard and acknowledged. We embrace differences, and know that our diverse team is our strength and what drives our innovation.
Clearco is committed to developing a barrier-free recruitment process and work environment. If you require any accommodation, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll work with you to meet your accessibility needs.