Clearco is the world’s largest e-commerce investor. Our equity-free capital products intend to help businesses scale while maintaining 100% ownership and control. Clearco is growing and we’ve already been able to fund 5500+ businesses in 7 countries. Clearco has funded 25x more female founders than traditional Venture Capital and is removing barriers to access capital for underserved groups. The Clearco vision is simple: remove the obstacles between brilliant ideas and brilliant businesses.
Clearco is seeking a highly motivated Financial Systems Lead to join Clearco’s Finance team. The role will report to the VP of Finance, and will provide technical and creative skills to solve both data and systems challenges with enthusiasm. This role will be responsible for the implementation, production and maintenance of Clearco's key financial planning tool as well as running and maintaining its integration with Clearco's data warehouses and the company ERP, Sage. This position will have the opportunity to interact with multiple finance and technical teams across Clearco providing a broad exposure to the business.
The successful candidate will have skills that can solve problems across a wide variety of technical challenges while managing multiple stakeholders. Whether it's pulling data directly from the source database, surfacing information via Sage reports, ensuring systems upkeep by building rules for our planning tool, or ERP, or anything else, the Financial Systems Lead will be there to help. This will be initially an individual contributor role with the ability to build out a team as the company grows over time.
What you will do in your role:
- Implement a company-wide financial planning tool from the vendor selection stage onward
- Liaise with multiple stakeholders across the organization to ensure that the planning tool and ERP are up and running, working tightly with the Accounting, Business Intelligence and FP&A teams
- Manage the recurring month-end close and forecasting business processes while making appropriate recommendations for automating time-consuming data retrieval tasks via reports & dashboards
- Be a key stakeholder to participate in the development and implementation of new financial systems and be the key administrator of those tools going forward
- Act as systems analyst to manage requirements for dashboards for Sales, BI, and other partner organizations
- Be an expert in channel and product financial data needs for finance and business diagnostics
- Troubleshoot problems that team members encounter with the Sage, Looker or the financial planning tool reports
- Liaise and act as representative for Clearco Finance to other systems teams within the organization
- Share expertise and best practices with different finance and business functions
You will thrive if you have:
- 10+ years in a similar role at a SaaS or e-commerce technology, related business
- Undergraduate degree ideally in a quantitative discipline such as Mathematics, Computer Science or related degree
- Required experience with implementation and management of financial planning systems such as Hyperion, Adaptive Planning, Planful, or Anaplan
- Required experience with ERP systems such as Sage, Oracle, NetSuite
- Experience with BI tools such as Looker or Tableau, and strong knowledge of SQL is an asset
- Required experience in a production environment setting up processes to be maintainable and scalable
- Extremely organized with the ability to work on and manage multiple projects within tight timelines
- Strong attention to detail
What we offer:
- Working with a very passionate and supportive team, and finding a sense of belonging in the #Clearcrew.
- Competitive salaries and equity options, plus comprehensive medical, dental, and health insurance!
- The flexible option of working 100% remote, partly remote, or from our beautiful downtown Toronto HQ!
- A tech stipend to create your ideal work-from-home environment, and a learning stipend to brush up on existing skills or learn new ones.
- Mental health support and professional development opportunities.
- The chance to participate in high-impact work at a mission driven organization.
- The chance to work under the kickass leadership of Dragon Den’s Michelle Romanow!
Clearco is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply. At Clearco, we’re committed to developing and upholding an inclusive, transparent, and comfortable environment for all. We create a space where every voice, perspective, and idea is heard and acknowledged. We embrace differences, and know that our diverse team is our strength and what drives our innovation.
Clearco is committed to developing a barrier-free recruitment process and work environment. If you require any accommodation, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll work with you to meet your accessibility needs.