The Director of Federal Government Relations will be responsible for coordinating and executing strategies to proactively engage executive branch policymakers to maintain the company's brand and build relationships to advance its partnership with the federal government. This role will execute on a unified and clear business message within the executive branch to ensure the long term success of CLEAR.
What you'll do:
- Lead execution on a federal executive branch government affairs strategy for CLEAR
- Directly represent CLEAR before key federal agencies. Cultivate and maintain strong working relationships with agency staff as appropriate
- Coordinate internally to ensure that engagements between CLEAR and the executive branch at all levels are consistent with the overall government affairs strategy
- Advocate for CLEAR’S positions on regulatory issues with agency staff, and other stakeholders
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with relevant trade associations and partners with shared federal interests and priorities
- Direct and assist with the research and analysis of regulatory issues related to biometrics
- Manage or support special projects and task forces to further CLEAR’S advocacy efforts
- Provide support as needed to fulfill CLEAR's overall program objectives
How you'll measure success:
- Establishing CLEAR as a trusted partner to federal policymakers in advancing public policy initiatives related to biometrics
- Developing relationships with key federal stakeholders who can provide insight into relevant legislative and regulatory efforts
What you're great at:
- 8+ years of significant Capitol Hill, federal government and/or issue advocacy experience
- Strong knowledge of key policy areas and key policymakers in Washington, exhibiting a broad understanding of leading trends and changes in advocacy, and political and regulatory landscapes
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with a variety of stakeholders and the ability to respond to member needs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as great listening skills
- Detail-oriented, strong organizational skills, and an entrepreneurial attitude, work independently and operate in an open and fluid environment
- Experience working in fast-paced, startup/growth stage companies
How You'll be Rewarded:
At CLEAR we help YOU move forward - because when you’re at your best, we’re at our best. You’ll work with talented team members who are motivated by our mission of making experiences safer and easier. In our offices, you’ll enjoy benefits like meals and snacks. We invest in your well-being and learning & development with our stipend and reimbursement programs.
We offer holistic total rewards, including comprehensive healthcare plans, family building benefits (fertility and adoption/surrogacy support), flexible time off, free OneMedical memberships for you and your dependents, and a 401(k) retirement plan with employer match.
Have you ever had that green-light feeling? When you hit every green light and the day just feels like magic. CLEAR's mission is to create frictionless experiences where every day has that feeling. With more than 15+ million passionate members and hundreds of partners around the world, CLEAR’s identity platform is transforming the way people live, work, and travel. Whether it’s at the airport, stadium, or right on your phone, CLEAR connects you to the things that make you, you - unlocking easier, more secure, and more seamless experiences - making them all feel like magic.
CLEAR provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities or protected needs. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include, but are not limited to, time off, extra breaks, making a change to the application process or work procedures, policy exceptions, providing documents in an alternative format, live captioning or using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.