As a Principal Engineer, you will be responsible for modernizing our user management and revenue systems that provide best-in-class customer support. You will be building both internal and external consumer experiences to manage our CLEAR customer accounts. You will also be working on our payments, tokenization, and billing integrations that power our membership billing experience. You will be working cross-functionally with multiple engineering teams, providing leadership and advice, and helping teams grow in their functions. Additionally you will be a key partner to the Product Management teams in helping define product roadmaps with a focus on all things that make up a digital identity.
What you'll do:
- Identify and build support for technical initiatives that address CLEAR’s most important needs
- Define the technical vision and strategy that guide engineers across Mobile Engineering to solve CLEAR’s thorniest, most intractable technical problems
- Support the growth and success of both engineers and non-engineers across CLEAR
- Evaluate new software components and practices and influence teams to use them
- Review and craft architecture documents, working with engineering teams to make the right decisions from design through implementation
- You will be both hands-on and strategic
What you're great at:
- 10+ years of professional software development experience, focusing on building cloud-based distributed systems written in Java, Python or related languages
- Expert in contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Experienced with RDBMS, NoSQL, caching solutions, and real-time streaming data stores like Kafka
- Partners well with business and other stakeholders and collaborates effectively with peers
- Excellent communication skills, able to explain technical topics to non-technical audiences, manages up down and across
How You'll be Rewarded:
At CLEAR we help YOU move forward - because when you’re at your best, we’re at our best. You’ll work with talented team members who are motivated by our mission of making experiences safer and easier. Our hybrid work environment provides flexibility. In our offices, you’ll enjoy benefits like meals and snacks. We invest in your well-being and learning & development with our stipend and reimbursement programs.
We offer holistic total rewards, including comprehensive healthcare plans, family building benefits (fertility and adoption/surrogacy support), flexible time off, free OneMedical memberships for you and your dependents, and a 401(k) retirement plan with employer match. The base salary range for this role is $210,000 - $260,000, depending on levels of skills and experience.
The base salary range represents the low and high end of CLEAR’s salary range for this position. Salaries will vary depending on various factors which include, but are not limited to location, education, skills, experience and performance. The range listed is just one component of CLEAR’s total compensation package for employees and other rewards may include annual bonuses, commission, Restricted Stock Units
Have you ever had that green-light feeling? When you hit every green light and the day just feels like magic. CLEAR's mission is to create frictionless experiences where every day has that feeling. With more than 15+ million passionate members and hundreds of partners around the world, CLEAR’s identity platform is transforming the way people live, work, and travel. Whether it’s at the airport, stadium, or right on your phone, CLEAR connects you to the things that make you, you - unlocking easier, more secure, and more seamless experiences - making them all feel like magic.