We are seeking a strategically-minded, technology-focused and customer-centric software development leader. As a Senior Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for leading a cross functional full stack software team in the design, development, testing, and deployment of our Developer and Partner Platform products. A successful candidate will have strong, well-established software development, communication, and project management skills , and be motivated to achieve results in a fast paced environment. This individual will have a history of helping to deliver well-architected, highly-available, and flexible technology platforms capable of accommodating high rates of growth and rapidly shifting priorities.
The team is focused on delivering partner-focused front end & back end experiences and tools that help support onboarding for our B2B partners. You will be interfacing with our cloud native services hosted in AWS using modern, distributed application design patterns.
What You Will Do:
- Hire, coach, and mentor individual contributors; build a strong cross-functional organization
- Lead team meetings such as standup, grooming and planning sessions
- Create, prioritize, communicate, manage, and execute roadmaps, project plans, and commitments
- Drive communication on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management
- Partner with business stakeholders & product manager to understand requirements, priorities, and processes
- Work closely with engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
- Foster culture of continuous engineering improvement through mentoring, feedback, and metrics
- Provide technical guidance, mentoring, and can articulate risks and benefits to other less experienced members of the team
- Own all operational metrics and support
- Set clear, measurable quality goals for an organization that are grounded in data
Who You Are:
- 7+ years of experience in understanding of all aspects of software engineering, including coding, maintenance, architecture and design
- 4+ years of experience leading and managing cross-functional teams to deliver products and projects on tight deadlines
- Understand object-oriented design fundamentals and knowledge of relevant modern design patterns
- A successful history of delivering software on time and managing tech debt
- Experience with Agile methodologies is required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Deep knowledge of Typescript, React, and Python and their supporting frameworks, design patterns and best practices
- Experience in building cloud native applications
- Able to build, manage, and work with multiple teams to achieve defined goals
- Curious about technology and believe in constant learning
- Up to date with technology trends
How You’ll be Rewarded:
At CLEAR we help YOU move forward - because when you’re at your best, we’re at our best. You’ll work with talented team members who are motivated by our mission of making experiences safer and easier. Our hybrid work environment provides flexibility. In our offices, you’ll enjoy benefits like meals and snacks. We invest in your well-being and learning & development with our stipend and reimbursement programs.
We offer holistic total rewards, including comprehensive healthcare plans, family building benefits (fertility and adoption/surrogacy support), flexible time off, free OneMedical memberships for you and your dependents, and a 401(k) retirement plan with employer match. The base salary range for this role is $215,000 - 250,000, depending on levels of skills and experience.
The base salary range represents the low and high end of CLEAR’s salary range for this position. Salaries will vary depending on various factors which include, but are not limited to location, education, skills, experience and performance. The range listed is just one component of CLEAR’s total compensation package for employees and other rewards may include annual bonuses, commission, Restricted Stock Units
Have you ever had that green-light feeling? When you hit every green light and the day just feels like magic. CLEAR's mission is to create frictionless experiences where every day has that feeling. With more than 13+ million passionate members and hundreds of partners around the world, CLEAR’s identity platform is transforming the way people live, work, and travel. Whether it’s at the airport, stadium, or right on your phone, CLEAR connects you to the things that make you, you - unlocking easier, more secure, and more seamless experiences - making them all feel like magic.