CLEAR helps create safer, easier experiences everywhere you go. We believe you are you and by using your biometrics – your eyes, face, and fingerprints – we keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to – breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctor’s office, access your office building, and more – without ever pulling out your wallet. CLEAR is currently available in 50+ airports, venues and more. Now with Health Pass, CLEAR securely connects a person’s digital identity to multiple layers of COVID-related insights to help reduce public health risk and restore peace of mind.
We’re defining and leading an entirely new industry, obsessing over our customers, and investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 List for the third year in a row and winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, CLEAR is providing frictionless experiences and technology for our partners and 7+ million members.
CLEAR is looking for a Head of Federal Affairs & Public Policy. Reporting to the Head of Public Affairs, the Head of Federal Affairs & Public Policy will drive CLEAR’s federal government affairs strategy. Based out of our Washington, DC office, this role will guide consultants and lobbyists to support CLEAR’s positioning and presence with regulators and policymakers across Washington, DC.
What You Will Do:
- Design and implement a federal affairs approach that leverages outside consulting and lobbying teams to proactively position CLEAR across multiple audiences within the DC policy and political ecosystem.
- Advance CLEAR’s public policy agenda at the federal level, with ongoing relationship building and advocacy across the legislative and executive branches of government, not specific to just relevant jurisdictional committees and agencies.
- Direct CLEAR’s Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and Health and Human Services (HHS) engagements, including shaping CLEAR’s policy agenda relevant to these agencies and building relationships with any other relevant agency officials and decision makers.
- Work closely with the Head of Policy Communications, Head of Regional Public Affairs, and General Counsel to direct CLEAR’s policy development process and direct legislative and regulatory analysis related to portfolio issues.
Who You Are:
- 12+ years of progressive experience in government affairs and/or the Washington policy community.
- Prior U.S. government experience is required.
- Proven track-record developing and leveraging legislative and public affairs strategies to advance public policy objectives.
- Demonstrated experience creatively leveraging a range of tools and tactics to influence policy outcomes.
- Established bi-partisan relationships and experience working with both the legislative and executive branches.
- Experience engaging across policymakers, regulators, coalitions, and other stakeholders.