CLEAR helps create safer, easier experiences everywhere you go. We believe you are you and by using your biometrics – your eyes, face, and fingerprints – we keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to – breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctor’s office, access your office building, and more – without ever pulling out your wallet. CLEAR is currently available in 50+ airports, venues and more. Now with Health Pass, CLEAR securely connects a person’s digital identity to multiple layers of COVID-related insights to help reduce public health risk and restore peace of mind.
We’re defining and leading an entirely new industry, obsessing over our customers, and investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 List for the second year in a row and winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, CLEAR is providing innovative technology options for businesses and our 5+ million members to help create a safer environment no matter where you go.
In the Product Director, Platform role, you will work in close collaboration with the SVP Platform Engineering, and peer product teams, to define and build core platform features and services, including identity proofing, biometric matching and payment capabilities. Success in this role includes: (1) helping CLEAR evolve its platform to support new business models and 10x user growth; and (2) coaching/leading a high-performance Product team focused on core platform features and functionality. This role is located in our New York City headquarters along with our Platform engineering team.
What You Will Do:
- Define CLEAR’s platform product strategy in partnership with engineering leadership and key business/product stakeholders
- Contribute to company-level strategic decisions by highlighting current and future state capabilities of the platform
- Define success metrics for the Platform team and drive a culture of continuous, data-driven improvements
- Evaluate build vs buy vs partner opportunities for platform features
- Manage and develop a team of high-performing Product Managers
- Help drive overall Product Team culture: ownership, communication, measurement, and innovation
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical field
- 10+ years of experience in technology product management including management experience
- Ability to drive alignment across senior executives, business leads and technical leads
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including description of technical topics to non-technical audiences
- Passion for learning new things and driving innovation
- Experience using machine learning to drive new feature development