CLEAR’s mission is to strengthen security and create frictionless experiences for consumers. We believe you are you and by using your biometrics - your fingerprints, eyes, and face - we keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to – breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctor’s office, access your office building, and more – without ever pulling out your wallet or phone. Now in 60+ airports and other venues nationwide, you are your ID, credit card, ticket, reservation and more with CLEAR.
We’re defining and leading an entirely new industry, obsessing over our customers, and investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 List and winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, we're working tirelessly to create frictionless customer experiences for our 4+ million members across the country.
Clear is currently seeking a Director, Regional Public Affairs for its central region, which consists of airports and venues in Austin, San Antonio, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston, New Orleans, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Chicago, Detroit, and Minneapolis.This person will manage CLEAR’s day-to-day public affairs efforts in the region, including government relations, corporate communications and more. The Director will be based in either Texas or Chicago and report to the Head of Public Affairs based in New York.
What You Will Do:
- Work with the team to execute creative public affairs and communications strategies, narratives and plans that align with CLEAR's goals and best utilizes our assets and resources
- Identify, develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders in government, business, and other areas
- Educate and update key stakeholders regarding CLEAR’s mission and growth
- Work with public affairs, legal, and other teams to address public policy in region
- Work with both the regional business and public affairs teams to organize and support grassroots political and thought leadership activity
- Develop long-term relationships, pitch original story ideas and mitigate crisis situations with a diverse range of media
- Write and/or oversee the production of materials such as messaging, talking points, FAQs, press releases, op-eds, reports, memos, and presentations
Who You Are:
- 8+ years experience in a political campaign, government role or fast-paced corporate or agency environment
- Extensive and strong relationships with civic, media, government, non-profit, and business leaders
- A strong self-starter who is eager to make their mark in a fast-paced organization
- Experience working across various cities
- Excellent organization, communication, writing, and presentation skills
- Experience working across multiple levels, teams, and regions
- Experience with a wide range of communication channels including digital, broadcast, radio, and print
- Ability to travel to both existing and new locations in the region
- Ability to manage multiple projects on tight deadlines
- Ability to thrive in an environment where structure and flexibility combine
- Bachelor’s Degree