CLEAR’s mission is to strengthen security and create frictionless experiences for consumers. We believe you are you and by using your biometrics - your fingerprints, eyes, and face - we keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to – breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctor’s office, access your office building, and more – without ever pulling out your wallet or phone. Now in 60+ airports and other venues nationwide, you are your ID, credit card, ticket, reservation and more with CLEAR.
We’re defining and leading an entirely new industry, obsessing over our customers, and investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 List and winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, we're working tirelessly to create frictionless customer experiences for our 4+ million members across the country.
CLEAR is looking for a Solutions Engineer to join the Technology team. In this role, you’ll drive the technical integrations with the CLEAR platform to explore new opportunities, pilots, and innovation. Working with product and business stakeholders, you will guide architecture and implementation to drive new technology through pilots to be later incorporated into the core platform.
What You Will Do
- Research and investigate new technologies for the purpose of applied solutions and/or innovation
- Build proof of concept integrations and production prototypes on the full technology stack. The ideal candidate will have interest and context in a range of technologies and deep proficiency in at least one tier. Collectively the team will embody expertise throughout the stack.
- Act as the internal and external expert in the design and support of the CLEAR API
- Partner closely with the CLEAR product and engineering teams to deliver cross-functional implementations with the CLEAR platform
- Deliver prototypes for next-generation software and POC sales opportunities under (sometimes) tight deadlines, focusing on time to market for promising projects
- Engage in the developer community, both to assist with API usage and to share our designs and solutions
- Occasionally travel to meet with clients, field test biometric applications, or act as a technology evangelist
Who You Are
- 5+ years of software development with 2+ years of project management, stakeholder or customer facing experience.
- 5+ years of core Java experience. Java 8 experience, preferred
- Strong system knowledge of Linux environments; Knowledge in Amazon’s AWS ecosystem is desirable
- A minimum of 3 full life cycle implementations.
- 1+ years of experience in translating requirements into optimized designs, and identifying design alternatives and implications on functionality, effort, performance and operations.
- Experience with various phases of the software implementation lifecycle, from system selection, to implementation sequencing and planning, project management, application & technical design, interface & data conversion, application build, environment management, testing, go live planning, etc.
- A willingness to travel as needed.