CLEAR’s mission is to strengthen security and create frictionless experiences for consumers. We believe you are you and by using your biometrics - your fingerprints, eyes, and face - we keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to – breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctor’s office, access your office building, and more – without ever pulling out your wallet or phone. Now in 60+ airports and other venues nationwide, you are your ID, credit card, ticket, reservation and more with CLEAR.
We’re defining and leading an entirely new industry, obsessing over our customers, and investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 List and winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, we're working tirelessly to create frictionless customer experiences for our 4+ million members across the country.
Regulatory work is a critical part of our business; we are working hard to manage our regulatory obligations, develop relationships with regulators, and advise the business on our legal requirements. The VP Regulatory Affairs will report directly to EVP of Corporate Affairs.
What You Will Do:
- Expand the number of federal agencies that CLEAR regularly interacts with and develop strategies for CLEAR to assist agencies in solving problems.
- Expand opportunities for CLEAR to grow its federal Public-Private-Partnerships
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of key trends in aviation security, cybersecurity, biometrics and other relevant topics across regulatory agencies that impact CLEAR’s current and future business, ensuring that relevant stakeholders throughout the company are informed with analyses of the significance, relevance, and business impact of these developments in a timely manner.
- Advise business, product and engineering teams on policy implications during the product development and launch process.
- Partner closely with business, product, engineering and corporate teams within CLEAR to align government affairs and public policy strategies with business needs.
- Cultivate, maintain and engage trusted relationships directly with appointed officials and their staff members, regulatory agencies, industry groups and professional associations to effectively advocate for CLEAR’s policy positions.
- Serve as a thought leader and respected representative of CLEAR, promoting the company’s strategic vision, competitive position and policy perspectives externally to further our business objectives.
Who You Are:
- Sharp individual with 7-10+ years of experience in regulatory, policy or other related-roles.
- JD and/or MBA strongly preferred.
- Ability to work independently and manage others both internally and externally.
- Well-developed project management skills (i.e., identify an issue, develop a plan, obtain cross-functional consensus, and implement a process)
- Excellent written and verbal advocacy skills