CLEAR transforms what is uniquely you – your fingerprints, your face, your eyes – into a secure, biometric key to frictionless experiences. We are creating a world where travel is effortless, where accessing your office building is as simple as walking in, and where shopping is as easy as walking in and out of a store—without ever once showing an ID or credit card. CLEAR currently powers secure, frictionless customer experiences in nearly 40 U.S. airports and venues. With over 3 million members so far, CLEAR is the identity platform of the future, today.
What You Will Do:
- Research and investigate new technologies for the purpose of applied solutions and/or innovation
- Build proof of concept integrations and production prototypes on the full technology stack. The ideal candidate will have interest and context in a range of technologies and deep proficiency in at least one tier. Collectively the team will embody expertise throughout the stack.
- Act as the internal and external expert in the design and support of the CLEAR API
- Partner closely with the CLEAR back-end and client technology teams
- Deliver prototypes for next-generation software and POC sales opportunities under (sometimes) tight deadlines, focusing on time to market for promising projects
- Engage in the developer community, both to assist with API usage and to share our designs and solutions
- Occasionally travel as a technology evangelist
Who You Are:
- A strong software background and a proven record of software development success (in industry and/or with open source).
- BS, MS, PhD in computer science, engineering, physics, or a related field is strongly preferred.
- Good understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Knowledge in one or more of the following areas is a strong plus: biometrics, distributed computing, security and optimization, clustered file systems, machine learning, neural networks, and speech processing.