CLEAR transforms what is uniquely you – your fingerprints, your face, your eyes – into a secure, biometric key to frictionless experiences. We are creating a world where travel is effortless, where accessing your office building is as simple as walking in, and where shopping is as easy as walking in and out of a store—without ever once showing an ID or credit card. CLEAR currently powers secure, frictionless customer experiences in nearly 40 U.S. airports and venues. With over 3 million members so far, CLEAR is the identity platform of the future, today.
If you are a software engineer with a creative flare, problem-solving skills, exposure to various mobile development technologies, and have the desire to help drive CLEAR’s next generation products, we want to talk with you.
What You Will Do:
- You’ll be responsible for the design, development, test, and deployment of a range of products that make it possible to deliver ultimate biometrics experience to our customers.
- You will have an opportunity to conceptualize, design, build, test and own software systems.
- You will influence the technical direction of the team, work with many different technologies.
Who You Are:
- Completed Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- For Android: Expert knowledge of Java and the JDK and Android Developers Kit. Expert knowledge of Android Architecture, performance optimization, and Security. Advanced Android UI Skills (Fragments, Custom view components)
- Familiarity and experience using a variety of architectural design patterns, including but not limited to MVC, MVP, and MVVM
- A strong understanding of Agile and Lean software development processes and practices
- 5+ years in Software Development with at least 3 years developing multi-threaded mobile applications
- Experience in mobile app development in Android, iOS or both
- Customer obsessed with the ability to deal with ambiguity
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software features, and technical designs
- Experience in utilizing Mobile design patterns, building mobile frameworks/SDKs, building custom UX widgets and optimizing apps for performance.
- Experience with Functional Reactive Programming (Reactive Swift or RxJava)
- Experience with or interest in React Native or Flutter
- Preferably has personal projects or contributions to the open source community
- Experience managing direct reports