CLEAR makes life easier and more secure by using biometrics – your fingerprints, eyes and face – to confirm that you are you, and keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to – breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctor’s office, access your office building, and more – without ever pulling out your wallet or phone. Now in 45+ airports and other venues nationwide, you are your ID, credit card, ticket, reservation and more with CLEAR.
We’re defining and leading an entirely new industry, moving quickly with data-informed decisions, obsessing over our customers, and investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 List and winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, we’re working tirelessly to create frictionless customer experiences for our 3+ million members across the country.
CLEAR is looking for a Software Innovation Engineer to join the Technology team in NYC. In this role, you’ll be responsible for building cutting-edge applications from the ground up for Airports and Sports verticals. These applications will help travelers & sports fan save countless hours by helping them catch their flights & get to their games quicker . We’re looking for someone who is passionate about technology, stays on top of the latest trends within the field, and loves to engage with the developer community. You’ll do the best work of your career.
What You Will Do:
- Collaborate with a team of security domain experts, data scientists, product engineers and product managers to create new products and technologies.
- Support the product team by designing and building prototypes for emerging products and explore new technology stacks
- Projects may include but are not limited to: building product prototypes, advanced customizations and algorithms, detection techniques and production services.
Who You Are:
- You have full-stack engineering experience, familiarity with multiple modern backend frameworks and deep experience with one or more front-end toolchains.
- You have knowledge of a variety of programming languages to solve a variety of problems from web applications to low-level algorithm development. Specific skills needed depends on role, but we use Python frameworks.
- You are familiar with multiple cloud infrastructure platforms (AWS, Google, Heroku, CloudFoundry) and substantial experience deploying and maintaining production apps.
- You like exploring emerging technologies and you want to be part of a collaborative innovation lab: experience both heads down coding time as well as active participation in consumer research, ideation, and product design.
- You are passionate about building and iterating on software prototypes, thrive in start-up and/or R&D environment. You are always looking to sharpen your skills with emerging technology or participating in hackathons and meetups
- You have the desire and capability to learn and understand new technologies quickly.
- You are comfortable working under general guidance with minimal close supervision