CLEAR’s mission is to strengthen security and create frictionless experiences for consumers. We believe you are you and by using your biometrics - your fingerprints, eyes, and face - we keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to – breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctor’s office, access your office building, and more – without ever pulling out your wallet or phone. Now in 60+ airports and other venues nationwide, you are your ID, credit card, ticket, reservation and more with CLEAR.
We’re defining and leading an entirely new industry, obsessing over our customers, and investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 List and winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, we're working tirelessly to create frictionless customer experiences for our 4+ million members across the country.
CLEAR is looking for a QA Automation Engineer to join our Technology team in our Austin, TX office. In this role, you will be supporting and working with the broader Engineering team, specifically supporting our Airport + Sports team. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about technology, has an intellectual curiosity, and thrives in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
What You Will Do:
- Plan, develop and execute of manual/automation and performance testing of Java-based web and server-side applications
- Work with the broader Engineering team to create test plans for existing and new functionalities
- Collaborate with members of product and engineering team to ensure all services are having a comprehensive automation testing coverage
- Be the Quality gatekeeper to ensure a high quality of releases
- Adhere to best practices for testing and designing reusable code
Who You Are:
- Strong experience writing UI automation tests using Selenium WebDriver or similar
- Experience using BDD/TDD tools like Cucumber or similar
- CI/CD experience using Jenkins, Bamboo, or similar technology
- You are passionate about software testing and accelerating the pace of delivery
- You stay up-to-date with the latest and greatest in technology, and you naturally seek new ways of improving your work
- You truly care about how people interact with technology and you have a proven record of developing QA solutions in a customer-centric environment
- You thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment where open communication is encouraged
- You are an entrepreneurial team player and know how to multi-task
- Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills
- In-depth understanding of web and APIs testing methodologies
- Hands-on experience testing systems or apps that have significant client-server communication
- Good knowledge of APIs test automation techniques
- Experience building mock and stub services to simulate server response
- Experience writing test cases and test plans based on new feature requirements.
- Experience with performance testing tools like jmeter, etc
- Strong communication skills to effectively work with multiple development teams
- Hands-on experience with performance tools, such as jmeter or similar
- Experience with biometrics technologies is a plus