CLEAR transforms what is uniquely you – your fingerprints, your face, your eyes – into a secure, biometric key to frictionless experiences. We are creating a world where travel is effortless, where accessing your office building is as simple as walking in, and where shopping is as easy as walking in and out of a store—without ever once showing an ID or credit card. CLEAR currently powers secure, frictionless customer experiences in nearly 40 U.S. airports and venues. With over 3 million members so far, CLEAR is the identity platform of the future, today.
Regulatory work is a critical part of our business; we are working hard to manage our regulatory obligations, develop relationships with regulators, and advise the business on our legal requirements. The VP Regulatory Affairs will report directly to SVP of Corporate Affairs.
What You Will Do:
- Expand the number of federal agencies that CLEAR regularly interacts with and develop strategies for CLEAR to assist agencies in solving problems.
- Expand opportunities for CLEAR to grow its federal Public-Private-Partnerships
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of key trends in aviation security, cybersecurity, biometrics and other relevant topics across regulatory agencies that impact CLEAR’s current and future business, ensuring that relevant stakeholders throughout the company are informed with analyses of the significance, relevance, and business impact of these developments in a timely manner.
- Advise business, product and engineering teams on policy implications during the product development and launch process.
- Partner closely with business, product, engineering and corporate teams within CLEAR to align government affairs and public policy strategies with business needs.
- Cultivate, maintain and engage trusted relationships directly with appointed officials and their staff members, regulatory agencies, industry groups and professional associations to effectively advocate for CLEAR’s policy positions.
- Serve as a thought leader and respected representative of CLEAR, promoting the company’s strategic vision, competitive position and policy perspectives externally to further our business objectives.
Who You Are:
- Sharp individual with 7-10 years of experience in regulatory, policy or other related-roles.
- JD and/or MBA strongly preferred.
- Ability to work independently and manage others both internally and externally.
- Well-developed project management skills (i.e., identify an issue, develop a plan, obtain cross-functional consensus, and implement a process)
- Excellent written and verbal advocacy skills