CLEAR transforms what is uniquely you – your fingerprints, your face, your eyes – into a secure, biometric key to frictionless experiences. We are creating a world where travel is effortless, where accessing your office building is as simple as walking in, and where shopping is as easy as walking in and out of a store—without ever once showing an ID or credit card. CLEAR currently powers secure, frictionless customer experiences in nearly 40 U.S. airports and venues. With over 2 million members so far, CLEAR is the identity platform of the future, today.
In this role, you will build a fully automated infrastructure by leveraging cutting-edge technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, and Terraform. The ideal candidate for this role approaches technology operations as a systems engineering discipline, obtains and analyzes data to identify trouble spots and optimization opportunities, and applies software development practices to to improve the reliability of CLEAR’s platform and services. To succeed in this role you need to be passionate about making constant incremental improvements to systems, laser focused on availability and performance, and driven to automate all the things.
What You Will Do:
- Support development initiatives to build highly automated, tuned, and reliable systems and services. Contribute to design and implementation decisions, development, and ongoing refactoring.
- Implement tools that analyze and monitor performance and availability; use your findings to make informed decisions on how to improve existing systems and processes
- Bring SRE best practices in-house (post-mortems, trend analysis, availability standards, etc.) and help set the tone around service operations and reliability
- Develop and deliver timely reports on service metrics including but not limited to availability, capacity, performance, and latency across production system
Who You Are:
- You are passionate about making better software and continuously improving the development, integration, and deployment processes
- You enjoy new technological challenges and are motivated to find creative solutions to solve them
- You are highly motivated, self-starter who thrives in a bottoms-up, fast-paced, highly technical environment
- You know how to design, implement, and iterate CI/CD tooling and techniques to improve CLEAR’s ability to deliver software and services quickly and reliably
- Expertise in incident and problem management including timely problem identification, successful resolution, and root-cause analysis
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to communicate technology concepts and practices
- Strong expertise in monitoring tools (AppDynamics/App Insights/Sumo Logic/etc.)
- Experience with configuration management tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc)
- Strong working knowledge of containers, container orchestration, and AWS environment and tools.