CLEAR transforms what is uniquely you – your fingerprints, your face, your eyes – into a secure, biometric key to frictionless experiences. We are creating a world where travel is effortless, where accessing your office building is as simple as walking in, and where shopping is as easy as walking in and out of a store—without ever once showing an ID or credit card. CLEAR currently powers secure, frictionless customer experiences in nearly 40 U.S. airports and venues. With over 3 million members so far, CLEAR is the identity platform of the future, today.
CLEAR is looking for an experienced solutions engineer build and explore technologies to foster the growth of our platform. You will have a broad love of technology, API design, architecture, software development, security and identity paradigms, and an appreciation of hardware. You have a desire to envision, innovate, and quickly enable a new and better world through biometrics and security.
The ideal candidate is energized by CLEAR’s groundbreaking efforts and answers technical challenges with “how” not “if”. You’re comfortable with innovative, mission-critical projects which will lead to a high quality end result. This position reports to the Vice President of Biometric Identity.
What You Will Do:
- Research and investigate new technologies for the purpose of applied solutions and/or innovation
- Build proof of concept integrations and production prototypes. The ideal candidate will have interest and context in a range of technologies and deep proficiency.
- Create prototypes for next-generation software.
- Engage in the developer community, both to assist with API usage and to share our designs and solutions
- Integration of next generation and art of the possible hardware and sensors.
- Creation and publication of interfaces into the Clear ecosystem for our partners.
Who You Are:
- A strong hands-on software background and a proven record of software development success (in industry and/or with open source).
- Proficiencies in Cloud Native Java, C, C#, Android, iOS, and Python technology.
- Create solutions that run in microseconds and milliseconds.
- Knowledge in one or more of the following areas is a strong plus: distributed computing, security and optimization, machine learning, neural networks.