CLEAR makes life easier and more secure by using biometrics – your fingerprints, eyes and face – to confirm that you are you, and keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to – breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctor’s office, access your office building, and more – without ever pulling out your wallet or phone. Now in 45+ airports and other venues nationwide, you are your ID, credit card, ticket, reservation and more with CLEAR.
We’re defining and leading an entirely new industry, moving quickly with data-informed decisions, obsessing over our customers, and investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 List and winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, we’re working tirelessly to create frictionless customer experiences for our 3+ million members across the country.
CLEAR is looking for a Senior Software Developer to join the Technology team in Austin. In this role, you’ll be responsible for building cutting-edge applications from the ground up for Airports and Sports verticals. These applications will help travelers & sports fan save countless hours by helping them catch their flights & get to their games quicker . We’re looking for someone who is passionate about technology, stays on top of the latest trends within the field, and loves to engage with the developer community.
What You Will Do:
- Develop a brand new microservices based platform from the ground up and develop it with reliability and observability in mind.
- Work on cutting edge tech stack (Java 10, Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka streams)
- Develop applications to be released into production mid week with a zero down time based deployment model
- Be influential in making architectural, design, and technical stack recommendations
- Collaborate with the other members of the engineering team to ensure all services are reliable, maintainable, and well-integrated into our existing platforms
- Adhere to best practices for testing and designing reusable code
- Write automated Unit, Integration and Acceptance tests for each service while maintaining a code coverage of > 90%.
- Develop new, and enhance existing, Java-based web and server-side applications
- Review multiple applications requirements; analyze technical specifications of any new applications/new features of existing applications under deployment or consideration to determine its intended functionality
- Work closely with internal and external teams to ensure that application can access the required data and it is appropriately filtered to comply with platform-specific business rules
Who You Are:
- 8+ years of core Java experience. Java 8 experience, preferred
- Experience with Agile methodologies is highly desirable
- Prefer working knowledge of a wide range of technologies, including: software development methodologies; strong system knowledge of Linux environments; knowledge of Amazon’s AWS ecosystem is desirable
- Curious about technology and believe in constant learning
- Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills, including strong communication skills
- Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests and recommend alternative technical and business approaches
- Entrepreneurial team player who can multitask
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive with flawless execution
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills