Classy is looking for interns for Summer 2018 from top engineering schools across the country to help support our Engineering, Design, and Data Science teams. Engineers and designers of all types are welcome! Come join us in doing what you love to do, while making a dent in the world of philanthropy.
Our engineering team is the perfect size: small, 45-person (and growing!) team where everyone has big ownership. Our college graduates lead major projects starting in year one. We use a MEAN app stack (MongoDB, Express, AngularJS, Node.js) + PHP/Laravel microservices. It's an open source environment (Ubuntu, Nginx, MySQL, MongoDB) run on AWS.
Please note this is a full-time (40 hours/week) internship located in our San Diego, CA office.
- Help us build a world class online fundraising platform
- Drive new features on our core product, as well as maintain existing code.
- Understand the business well enough to align your development with company goals.
- Create and share dev best practices and standards. Always be learning.
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's or Master's program, pursuing a degree or career in Software Development, QA, or UX
- Completion of at least 1 technical internship (10+ weeks)
- Strong GPA (preferably 3.3 or above)
- Great attitude
- Eagerness to learn
- Motivated self-starter
- Past involvement at a non-profit organization or volunteering a plus
If this sounds like you, please reach out to us as we would love to learn more about you.
Our awesome perks!
- New office in downtown San Diego overlooking Petco Park and the ocean
- Half-Day Fridays the first Friday of each month
- Monthly parking pass, public transit pass, or Ride-Share Allowance
- Monthly happy hours at the local watering hole
- Love the active life? We have company and team outings and participate in team sports.
- Pet friendly office (woof!)
Classy is an online fundraising platform built to help nonprofits grow a true recurring revenue base they can rely on as they scale their impact – like curing disease, responding to disasters, providing access to education and other inspirational programs. Classy’s goal is to be a growth engine for nonprofits and social enterprises, helping them engage with supporters through a remarkable giving experience.
Did you know that over $390 billion is donated annually to U.S. nonprofits, yet only a small fraction of this number is donated online? This massive market has been devoid of significant innovation in technology for decades - with most modern technology companies focusing elsewhere. Therefore, this market is ripe for disruption.
Classy is a VC-backed SaaS company headquartered in San Diego, boasting a culture that is exciting, result-oriented, and above all else, committed to our mission. Our customers deserve a technology solution—and a team— that can transform the giving experience. We’d love for you to be a part of it.
Today, the 225-person Classy team services over 3,000 nonprofit customers and also hosts the Collaborative and Classy Awards to recognize excellence in social innovation.