The newly created In-House Counsel position is a unique opportunity to be part of a fast growing start-up while making a dent in the world of philanthropy. You will work with a broad range of corporate matters and provide effective, business-focused legal advice to stakeholders throughout Classy on a daily basis. You have a keen sense of how you can apply your knowledge and experience to Classy, but are ready and willing to tackle unfamiliar work. The successful candidate will be an entrepreneurial and resourceful self-starter, comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Proven success as an In-House Counsel
- Contract Management: draft, review and negotiate contracts of varying significance and value
- Advise company leadership and cross-functional teams throughout the organization on legal issues/risks and a wide range of issues
- Contribute to legal initiatives to increase the efficiency and operations of Classy through the development and improvement of systems, standardized agreements and best practice procedures
- Provide guidance on employee issues and conduct internal investigations as needed
- Manage insurance coverage, partnerships and intellectual property
- Develop comprehensive risk management practices for the company
- Demonstrated success working across functional groups to achieve key goals
- Confident, well spoken and ability to present solutions to all levels of the organization
- Select and manage outside legal counsel and other professional service providers
- Assist other teams with projects and questions on an as-needed basis
- Juris Doctor degree from top-tier law school
- Active membership in good standing in the California State Bar
- 7+ years of relevant law firm and in-house experience
- Domain expertise in commercial contracts, business law and employment law
- Highly organized with ability to multi-task and prioritize between legal and business initiatives
- Strong research, writing and communication skills, demonstrating confidence but without taking yourself too seriously
- Ability to quickly identify, analyze and propose solutions to issues in a clear and concise manner, integrating applicable legal and business concerns
- Resourceful self-starter with excellent problem-solving capabilities and judgement
- Team member personality with a highly collaborative mentality
- Flexible to work in fast paced, dynamic work environment and a willingness to dive into new areas
- Experience with investor relations and additional rounds of financing
Classy is an online fundraising platform built for the most innovative and groundbreaking nonprofits in the world. Our goal is to not only help organizations raise more money online, but also help them interact and engage with supporters in creative ways they never deemed possible.
Classy is a VC-backed San Diego startup with triple-digit revenue growth and customer retention that beats the world’s top SaaS companies. We’re the market leader in peer-to- peer fundraising, and our products are used by thousands of social impact organizations, including Oxfam America, Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, and Heifer International.
Our team is growing, and we are hungry and hiring to meet the incredible demand of our clients.
Our culture is and will always be fun, exciting, and performance-driven. Our nonprofit clients deserve a technology solution—and a team— that can help them transform the online fundraising experience and change the world, and we’d love for you to be a part of it.
Our awesome perks!
- Competitive paid-time off, along with ample company paid holidays
- Half-Day Fridays the first Friday of each month
- Monthly parking pass, public transit pass, or Uber allowance
- Supplemental Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Employee Stock Options
- Discount on gym membership
- Monthly happy hours at the local watering hole
- Love the active life? We have company and team outings and participate in team sports.
Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience, including equity in an early stage startup backed by top-tier VCs.