Classy is a social enterprise that creates world-class online fundraising tools for nonprofits, modernizing the giving experience to accelerate social impact around the world – like curing disease, responding to disasters, providing access to education and other inspirational programs. Classy’s goal is to be a growth engine for nonprofits and social enterprises, helping them engage with supporters through a remarkable giving experience. Since 2011, fundraising on the Classy platform has doubled each year—resulting in thousands of nonprofits collectively raising over half a billion dollars.
Did you know that over $390 billion is donated annually to U.S. nonprofits, yet only a small fraction of this number is donated online? This massive market has been devoid of significant innovation in technology for decades - with most modern technology companies focusing elsewhere. Therefore, this market is ripe for disruption.
Classy is a VC-backed SaaS company headquartered in San Diego, boasting a culture that is exciting, result-oriented, and above all else, committed to our mission. Our customers deserve a technology solution—and a team— that can transform the giving experience. We’d love for you to be a part of it.
Today, the 225-person Classy team services over 3,000 nonprofit customers and also hosts the Collaborative and Classy Awards to recognize excellence in social innovation.
We are looking for a dynamic, high performing Enterprise Account Executive with experience specifically selling technology products and/or services into the non-profit industry. This individual will partner with our VP of Sales to help define the enterprise market at Classy. This is a unique opportunity for a strategic thinker looking to redefine a category and think outside of the box. Additionally, this will be the third Enterprise Sales Executive to be hired on at Classy.
The ideal candidate has a history of exceeding sales quota, loves the thrill of the hunt, and is capable of building and growing a pipeline of business as a result of building solid relationships along with a strategic go-to-market strategy from the ground up. They also have experience navigating through organizations, doing deep discovery and selling to multiple decision makers including C-Suite Executives.
Who you are:
- Competitive – Drive to individually compete (and win) while still being a fantastic team player
- Flexible – When faced with a roadblock, you adapt & overcome
- Whale Hunter – Strategically attack a list of top strategic accounts to hunt and close
- Organizational Genius – You can prioritize in your sleep, and sometimes even do so
- Overachiever – Being #2 has never been an option for you
- Self-Motivated – You manage your desk like an entrepreneur, you are the CEO
- Presence – You command the board room
- But Most importantly...You keep it Classy
- Methodically qualify, build, and manage an accurate sales pipeline; maintain a high volume of “smart” activity
- You have a strong desire to prospect, follow up on leads, and respond to RFP’s and help define a new segment for Classy
- Build and maintain an accurate pipeline to include, monthly, quarterly and annual forecasts presentations to senior management
- Work hand-in-hand with our consulting partnerships to uncover new opportunities and foster ongoing relationships within the industry
- Skillfully deliver web-based and in-person presentations, leveraging strong product knowledge and sales best practices
- Comfortable selling to VP & C-Suite executives, navigating through multiple decision makers in complex orgs to create compelling events and secure buy-in
- Work closely with a team of Sales Development Reps to provide strategic direction and feedback
- Consistently overachieve your quarterly and annual sales quota and be well-compensated for doing so
What You Bring to the Table:
- 5+ years experience in positioning and selling large ($1M+), complex software solutions
- Knowledge and experience working within a solution-selling or consultative selling methodology
- Experience selling/navigating a complex sale
- Experience in both acquiring new business and cultivating existing relationships
- Strong track record of achievement, preferably selling multiple cloud solutions
- Technically savvy and skilled in using a CRM (preferably Salesforce) and other sales software tools
- Entrepreneurial drive and work ethic
- Experience selling into the non profit space, specifically development offices a plus
- Travel required
We would be remiss not to mention our awesome perks!
- Competitive paid-time off, along with ample company paid holidays
- Supplemental Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Employee Stock Options
Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience, including equity in a SaaS company backed by prominent technology investors, including JMI Equity, Mithril, Salesforce Ventures, and Bullpen Capital. Classy has raised $53 million to-date in growth capital. For more information, visit www.classy.org or follow Classy on Twitter @Classy.