Classy is an online fundraising platform built for the most innovative and groundbreaking nonprofits in the world. Our goal is to not only help organizations raise more money online, but also help them interact and engage with supporters in creative ways they never deemed possible.
Classy is a VC-backed San Diego startup with triple-digit revenue growth and customer retention that beats the world’s top SaaS companies. We’re the market leader in peer-to-peer fundraising, and our products are used by thousands of social impact organizations, including Oxfam America, Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, and Heifer International.
Our team is growing, and we are hungry and hiring to meet the incredible demand of our clients.
Our culture is and will always be fun, exciting, and results-driven. Our nonprofit clients deserve a technology solution—and a team— that can help them transform the online fundraising experience and change the world, and we’d love for you to be a part of it.
Classy is more than just a software company and it’s more than the amazing nonprofits we work with. At Classy, we’re passionate about all the things that represent our core values and we believe it’s our responsibility to help mobilize and empower the world for good.
As the Sr. Communications Manager, your job is to share Classy’s stories - from big to small, from the changes to the change makers behind it all. We aim to build relationships with people who care - from our internal team and employees, to policy makers, journalists, bloggers, and other partners around the world. Every contact and every story bears the responsibility of creating impact and social progress. Are you up for the challenge?
Classy is looking for a highly motivated, experienced leader to run communications for Classy. The ideal candidate is someone who can work with executives and cross-functional team leads, is an excellent writer, and has strong media and community relations skills. This person is expected to maintain relationships with key media, bloggers, and influencers and should be highly organized, energetic, and detail-oriented. The ideal candidate will also be an excellent writer and be able to work cross functionally to drive teams towards a launch or common goal.
The Sr. Communications Manager is a new position on the marketing team designed to improve our current communications (internally and externally) and define new possibilities. The position has three areas of focus: 1) Improve the consistency of communications from the leadership team to the organization as it relates to the business/product; 2) Reduce the time that the CEO invests in producing communications; 3) Build key media relations to further the corporate and product narrative.
The Sr. Communications Manager reports to the Director of Marketing. This position is full time and located in San Diego, CA but we are open to considering someone in a remote role.
- Author regular communications such as group updates, monthly goals recaps, orientation meetings, and all-hands presentations
- Work with leadership in marketing and our in-house creative department to draft strategic messaging for use with our Sales teams, for our clients, and more
- Author and project-manage designers to produce significant ad hoc presentations such as Sales Conference presentations, client presentations, and industry speeches
- Develop communication strategy for company including templates and style guides
- Create quantifiable ways to measure the impact of communications on key business metrics (and then act on them)
- Research and write on extremely tight deadlines
- Develop special communication projects in support of key corporate communications priorities
- Develop and maintain media archives
- Help develop complementary visuals and videos for internal and external communications
- Repackage materials as needed to ensure content and concepts extend into other communication efforts
- Lead executive press briefings, media sessions, and events
- Manage PR agency (when applicable)
- Build deep relationships with the media, and engage with press, bloggers, analysts, influencers, and the general public as a Classy spokesperson
- Develop and write a wide range of communications materials including blog posts, press plans, reactive statements, and briefing materials
- Prepare and train spokespeople, and staff press briefings and speaking events
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in Communications, English or relevant field
- Post-graduate degree preferred
- 4+ years of experience in executive communications, journalism or speech writing and other forms of written and spoken communications for a business setting with an emphasis on marketing and creative storytelling
- 4+ years professional PR experience either from agency or in-house
- 3+ years of experience in corporate communications, technology, consumer and business media
- Fast learner, flexible, likes working in a fast-paced environment where the only constant is change
- Able to work quickly, accept feedback, and learn quickly
Our awesome perks!
- Competitive paid-time off, along with ample company paid holidays
- Half-Day Fridays the first Friday of each month
- Monthly parking pass, public transit pass, or Uber allowance
- Supplemental Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Employee Stock Options
- Pet friendly office
- Monthly happy hours at the local watering hole
- Love the active life? We have company and team outings and participate in team sports.
Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience, including equity in an early stage startup backed by top-tier VCs.