Classy is an online fundraising platform built for the most innovative and groundbreaking nonprofits in the world. Our goal is to not only help organizations raise more money online, but also help them interact and engage with supporters in creative ways they never deemed possible.
Classy is a VC-backed San Diego startup with triple-digit revenue growth and customer retention that beats the world’s top SaaS companies. We’re the market leader in peer-to-peer fundraising, and our products are used by thousands of social impact organizations, including Oxfam America, Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, and Heifer International.
Our team is growing, and we are hungry and hiring to meet the incredible demand of our clients.
Our culture is and will always be fun, exciting, and results-driven. Our nonprofit clients deserve a technology solution—and a team— that can help them transform the online fundraising experience and change the world, and we’d love for you to be a part of it.
Classy seeks an experienced Manager of Product Marketing who is passionate about technology, innovation, and changing the world for good. The successful candidate must have experience working with sales and product teams to drive product adoption in a fast paced internet or online marketing company. He or she must thrive with cross-functional teams and exhibit excellent customer service and product positioning skills. Classy’s Sr. Manager, Product Marketing will be to help Classy position and market its core product and platform. Reporting to the Director of Marketing, this role will develop product messaging, lead product launches, and activate our brand across multiple marketing channels.
The successful candidate will have experience working with sales and cross-functional teams to drive product adoption in a fast-paced company. This is a full-time position based in San Diego, CA.
- Develop product positioning that differentiates Classy and its features by understanding customer needs, product roadmap, market trends, and competitive forces
- Create messaging that fits the audience mindset/needs within that experience (e.g. website, in-product messaging, on-boarding, blog, emails, field, etc.) and maximizes the strengths of each channel or communication experience
- Plan and execute product/feature launches & feature enhancements across cross-functional teams (spanning Product, Marketing, Support, Service, Sales) and related sales enablement
- Work with Product Management to establish a continuous feedback loop to include market trends, customer needs, and competitive factors
- Collaborate with Sales to understand and support ongoing enablement and maximize impact of messaging specific audiences
- Partner closely with the Sales Training team lead to support in the design in and of materials that furthers product knowledge within the Sales organization
- Work with Marketing Communications team to ensure product materials are customized for market use and marketing channels are fully leveraged to drive adoption and education
- Work with design to develop marketing collateral, update web properties and support in the development of customer communication channels to increase adoption of Classy
- Distill and surface market feedback to product teams for new and existing advertising products
- Inspire action through data-driven insights and identify scalable path to grow product adoption
- Act as advertising product resource for Customer Success and Account Management teams
- BA/BS degree
- 7+ years professional experience on product marketing teams
- Has demonstrated product marketing expertise in the technology sector and has the ability to contribute at strategic, operational and tactical levels
- Track record of influencing behavior at variety of levels in the organization, including cross-functional managers
- Is a flexible cross-functional team player comfortable with a fast-paced, often ambiguous, environment
- Has excellent organization and people skills and the ability to set priorities, problem-solve, multitask and work well in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment
- Can quickly synthesize disparate data into a ‘position’ and craft messaging that connects with both internal stakeholders and customers
- Decisive, agile, and iterative; easily able to shift gears between thinking and doing.
- Has demonstrated an ability to dive into a product and become a champion
Our awesome perks!
- Competitive paid-time off, along with ample company paid holidays
- Half-Day Fridays the first Friday of each month
- Monthly parking pass, public transit pass, or Uber allowance
- Supplemental Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Employee Stock Options
- Pet friendly office
- Monthly happy hours at the local watering hole
- Love the active life? We have company and team outings and participate in team sports.
Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience, including equity in an early stage startup backed by top-tier VCs.