Classy is an online fundraising platform built for the most innovative and groundbreaking nonprofits in the world. Our goal is to not only help organizations raise more money online, but also help them interact and engage with supporters in creative ways they never deemed possible.
Classy is a VC-backed San Diego startup with triple-digit revenue growth and customer retention that beats the world’s top SaaS companies. We’re the market leader in peer-to- peer fundraising, and our products are used by thousands of social impact organizations, including Oxfam America, Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, and Heifer International.
Our team is growing, and we are hungry and hiring to meet the incredible demand of our clients.
Our culture is and will always be fun, exciting, and results-driven. Our nonprofit clients deserve a technology solution—and a team— that can help them transform the online fundraising experience and change the world, and we’d love for you to be a part of it.
We want you to help us establish Classy as THE thought leader in social impact and fundraising. Help us build our dataset and leverage it to publish reports and prototype tools that support awesome organizations in achieving their goals.
We’re looking for a data science intern (3 months) who is a self-starter and has experience driving their own data science project. Be comfortable with:
- Using a common scripting language (e.g. Python, R) to access data sources (database, csv, json APIs, web scraping), clean, and cross-reference data.
- Using appropriate statistical / machine-learning methods to analyze the data
- Publishing insights (visualizations and text, internal presentations & blogging)
- Prototyping tools to expose these insights internally and/or externally (to non-profit organizations)
You will be guided at each step of the way by a small, talented team of developers, analysts, and data scientists, but you'll also need a strong, independent work ethic to complete meaningful projects during the internship. Potential projects include:
- What factors predict whether a fundraising campaign is successful?
- How do we identify our top fundraising users as early as possible?
- What charities are most likely to succeed on our platform?
- How much does social impact matter for fundraising?
- Can we automatically score how good a user’s text and images are for fundraising?
- Much, much more!
You will have chances to learn new skills, give and receive feedback on projects, work with our unique in-house dataset, and discover new insights in how Classy can best support organizations to do good in the world.
- Currently enrolled in or recently graduated from a Bachelor's, Master's, or Ph.D program
- Work experience in programming, data science, machine learning (preferably all three).
- Completion of one or more self-led data science projects (the more diverse the data sources, the better!)
- Great attitude
- Eagerness to learn
- Motivated self-starter
- Excellent communicator
- No freshman applicants please
Our awesome perks!
- Half-Day Fridays the first Friday of each month
- Monthly parking pass or public transit pass
- Monthly happy hours at the local watering hole
- Love the active life? We have company and team outings and participate in team sports.