Classy is an online fundraising platform built for the most innovative and groundbreaking nonprofits in the world. Our goal is to not only to help organizations raise more money online, but also help them interact and engage with supporters in creative ways they never deemed possible. Classy is a VC backed San Diego startup with triple-digit revenue growth and customer retention that beats the world’s top SaaS companies. We're the market leader in peer-to-peer fundraising, and our products are used by thousands of Social Impact organizations, including Oxfam America, World Food Program and Heifer International. Our team is still small, but we are hungry and hiring to meet the incredible demand of our clients.
We founded the Classy Awards in 2008, the largest philanthropic awards ceremony in the country celebrating the world’s top organizations and nonprofit leaders. We’ve recently partnered with the United Nations Foundation to help bring this incredible event to an entirely new level. It’s not enough just to provide nonprofits cutting edge technology; we need to ensure these organizations are being recognized for their passion and incredible work.
Our culture is and will always continue to be fun, exciting and performance oriented. Our nonprofit clients deserve a technology and a team that can help them achieve their goals and fund their programs and we’d love for you to be a part of it. To learn more, visit www.classy.org/careers.
The Head of Sales for the SMB segment will manage our Inside Sales Managers and will be accountable for the performance of approximately 30-40 inside sales professionals and 3 - 4 Sales Managers. The candidate should be a data driven and analytical sales leader with a proven track record of managing an inside sales teams in a SaaS environment. S/he will be driven by meeting revenue, operational and strategic goals, as well as the professional growth, development and success of their team members. The Head of Sales will spend the majority of time working with both managers and salespeople to coach, counsel, and mentor them in all aspects of sales and sales management effectiveness. They will also provide timely and practical feedback to Senior Leadership for new and interesting go to market strategies.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Overseeing the sales execution strategies and tactics focused on quota attainment by the inside sales teams. This includes best practices in prospecting, managing and closing opportunities, and the skills related to presenting and positioning Classy as an industry leader.
- Successfully managing managers with a general team size of 9 Account Executives operating in an inside sales environment.
- “Leading from the front”: player-coach by consistently demonstrating, coaching and reinforcing the value proposition and consultative sales process; must be able to lead through motivation and positive reinforcement of desired behaviors while leveraging key metrics and coaching observations.
- Build a world-class consultative sales team: Invest and develop the existing sales team while simultaneously attracting top sales talent to Classy
- Scale with rigor: Continuously increase the effectiveness of our team, recognizing opportunities for creating new systems, structures, and processes
- Work cross-functionally: Flow easily across multiple teams to ensure internal messaging alignment, operational coordination and evangelization of partner strategy; collaborate with marketing to ensure the execution of programs and events to drive channel leads, pipeline and deal progression
- Track, measure and report-out on effectiveness against targets and adjust programs and strategies as necessary
- Collaborate with Customer Success teams to ensure all teams are driving complementary results to maximize performance.
Here’s What We’re Looking For:
- A strategic mindset: Ability to think strategically, crisply synthesizing market research and competitive intelligence and turning that into a winning go-to-market strategy
- A people leader that team members will walk through walls for: Proven ability to coach, attract, and retain amazing sales talent
- Someone who’s seen the movie, but wants to innovate on the script: Extensive experience developing sales teams at a high-growth technology company
- An amazing communicator: Excellent communicator internally and externally
- A competitive spirit who likes to win: Track record of consistently exceeding established revenue goals
- A lover of change: Experience managing change and ambiguity, taking ownership and creating structure
- A fan of speed: Ability to successfully operate in a fast paced dynamic environment experiencing growth and expansion
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- 7 to 10+ years of B2B SaaS software technology sales experience in SMB.
- 4+ years of sales management experience
What Would Be Awesome To Have:
- Salesforce CRM knowledge
- Non profit experience
- Training on the Sandler Sales Methodology
We would be remiss not to mention our awesome perks!
- Competitive paid-time off, along with ample company paid holidays
- Half-Day Fridays the first Friday of each month
- Monthly parking pass, public transit pass, or Car2Go Allowance
- Supplemental Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Employee Stock Options
- Gym membership discount
- Monthly social activities
- Love the active life? We have company and team outings and participate in team sports.
Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience, including equity in an early stage startup backed by top-tier VCs.