Classy is growing across its Engineering teams and is looking for software engineers to own parts of the core platform API. Classy builds on an open source stack (AngularJS, Node.js, PHP, MySQL, MongoDB, Linux) and hosts on AWS. Come join us in doing what you love to do, while making a dent in the world of philanthropy.
- BS in Computer Science and 2+ years experience
- Strong focus on data modeling, design patterns, debugging, performance and scalability
- Experience with RESTful HTTP/JSON API development for high volume sites
- Experience using and developing SDKs to APIs
- Experience building large-scale server applications with Node.js or PHP, MySQL, MongoDB, Redis
- Experience with AWS services including S3, CloudFront, SNS, SQS, and Lambda
- Knowledge of API standards such as OAuth2, JSONP, HTTP caching & rate limiting, and more
- Comfortable with a fast paced startup environment and tight deadlines
- A passion for making this world a better place
If this sounds like you, please reach out to us as we would love to learn more about you.
- Drive new features on our core platform APIs, as well as maintain existing code.
- Understand the business well enough to align your development with company goals.
- Create and share dev best practices and standards. Always be learning.
Our awesome perks!
- Competitive paid-time off, along with ample company paid holidays
- Half-Day Fridays the first Friday of each month
- Monthly parking pass, public transit pass, or Car2Go Allowance
- Supplemental Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Employee Stock Options
- Pet friendly office
- Monthly happy hours at the local watering hole
- Love the active life? We have company and team outings and participate in team sports
Classy is an online fundraising platform built for the most innovative and groundbreaking nonprofits in the world. Our goal is to not only help organizations raise more money online, but also help them interact and engage with supporters in creative ways they never deemed possible.
Classy is a VC-backed San Diego startup with triple-digit revenue growth and customer retention that beats the world’s top SaaS companies. We’re the market leader in peer-to- peer fundraising, and our products are used by thousands of social impact organizations, including Oxfam America, Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, and Heifer International.
Our team is growing, and we are hungry and hiring to meet the incredible demand of our clients.
Our culture is and will always be fun, exciting, and performance-driven. Our nonprofit clients deserve a technology solution—and a team— that can help them transform the online fundraising experience and change the world, and we’d love for you to be a part of it.
Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience, including equity in an early stage startup backed by top-tier VCs.