Classy is an online fundraising platform built for the most innovative and groundbreaking nonprofits in the world. Our goal is to not only help organizations raise more money online, but also help them interact and engage with supporters in creative ways they never deemed possible.
Classy is a VC-backed San Diego startup with triple-digit revenue growth and customer retention that beats the world’s top SaaS companies. We’re the market leader in peer-to- peer fundraising, and our products are used by thousands of social impact organizations, including Oxfam America, Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, and Heifer International.
Our team is growing, and we are hungry and hiring to meet the incredible demand of our clients.
Our culture is and will always be fun, exciting, and performance-driven. Our nonprofit clients deserve a technology solution—and a team— that can help them transform the online fundraising experience and change the world, and we’d love for you to be a part of it.
Classy is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to automate and expand Classy's AWS datacenter operations. The ideal candidate has practical experience with and exposure to security best practices to achieve PCI DSS Level 1 certification. You will develop tools to manage and automate the security of Classy's production deployment. You care deeply about things working the way they should and are passionate about scaling your efforts through automation. You also believe in helping others do good in the world!
- Design and implement AWS production and staging VPCs
- Manage our runtime AMIs built on Ubuntu LTS, Nginx, PHP, Node.js
- Manage our databases running on MySQL, MongoDB, Redis
- Manage and improve deployments across multiple development teams
- Work with our security engineers to achieve and maintain PCI compliance
- Service attack surface minimization/hardening
- Implement security patch management automation
- Implement monitoring to ensure reliability and performance meets or exceeds business goals
- Work closely with engineers to assist in the reproduction and resolution of defects
Requirements (what it will take for you to get in the door)
- 5+ years experience in a DevOps role
- 2+ years experience working with AWS
- Experience with PCI certification and maintenance
- Understanding of deployment tools such as AWS CodeDeploy, Chef, Jenkins, Git, Vagrant, etc.
- Ability to work closely with other engineers, product managers and customer support
- Ability to work in a dynamic and agile environment with tight deadlines
- Positive, 'can do' attitude with a focus on the success of the team over individual successes
We would be remiss not to mention our awesome perks!
- Competitive paid-time off, along with ample company paid holidays
- Half-Day Fridays the first Friday of each month
- Monthly parking pass, public transit pass, or Car2Go Allowance
- Supplemental Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Employee Stock Options
- Monthly happy hours at the local watering hole
- Love the active life? We have company and team outings and participate in team sports
Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience, including equity in an early stage startup backed by top-tier VCs.