Classy is an online fundraising platform built for the most innovative and groundbreaking nonprofits in the world. Our goal is to not only help organizations raise more money online, but also help them interact and engage with supporters in creative ways they never deemed possible.
Classy is a VC-backed San Diego startup with triple-digit revenue growth and customer retention that beats the world’s top SaaS companies. We’re the market leader in peer-to- peer fundraising, and our products are used by thousands of social impact organizations, including Oxfam America, Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, and Heifer International.
Our team is growing, and we are hungry and hiring to meet the incredible demand of our clients.
Our culture is and will always be fun, exciting, and performance-driven. Our nonprofit clients deserve a technology solution—and a team— that can help them transform the online fundraising experience and change the world, and we’d love for you to be a part of it.
The Account Manager is responsible for maintaining and cultivating our existing client base to ensure our customers are completely satisfied with Classy and our platform. The ideal candidate will have an online fundraising experience within a nonprofit and a proven track record of exceeding fundraising goals.
Your Day to Day:
- Increase retention of clients year over year
- Navigate and build relationships with multiple contacts at each nonprofit partner to drive adoption and retention, primarily through regular and proactive contact
- Continually work towards a better understanding of client needs and how Classy can provide greater value to the organization
- Work closely with the Customer Success team to assess common issues, track product needs and fit, and develop meaningful, professional client-facing content to retain clients
- Overcome objections with clients regarding platform features
- Act as an online fundraising subject matter expert for our nonprofit partners
- Achieve and exceed your Quarterly quota goals for retention (renewals) of current clients and onboarding new clients to the platform
- Identify at-risk clients, product and client training gaps, and escalate potential risks or challenges in order to retain client business
- Build strong relationships with nonprofit partners by understanding their organization and helping them reach and exceed fundraising goals through the use of the Classy platform
- Provide excellent customer service and client satisfaction to ensure our clients continue to use the platform year over year
- Provide “best practice” assistance to drive fundraising success for existing and future campaigns
- Enable nonprofits to use the Classy platform to its full capabilities by finding new areas of opportunity, encouraging campaigns and events, and presenting market-specific content to our partners
What you bring to the table:
- 2+ years of experience and success in an online fundraising or marketing role in the nonprofit sector
- Proven track record of achieving and exceeding online fundraising goals and you have the data to prove it
- Advanced project management, account management, or customer success skills and including objection-handling and conflict management skills
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Thrive in an environment where you can be resourceful, adapt, and respond quickly to change
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and multitask in a deadline-driven environment
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and make sound decisions under the position guidelines
- Ability to collaborate as a productive and active team member
- Bachelor’s Degree required
We would be remiss not to mention our awesome perks!
- Generous paid-time off (vacation/sick), along with ample company paid holidays
- Half-Day Fridays the first Friday of each month
- Monthly parking pass, public transit pass, or Car2Go Allowance
- Supplemental Health/Dental Insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Employee Stock Options
- Monthly happy hours at the local watering hole
- Love the active life? We have company and team outings and participate in team sports.
Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience, including equity in an early stage startup backed by top-tier VCs.