Classy is a fundraising platform that enables nonprofits to connect supporters with the causes they care about. Our Technical Services team is seeking a Solutions Architect to provide data migration, integration and other technical services for our customers. This person will play a critical client-facing role, interpreting and translating client requirements into solutions deliverable by both themselves and other tech services team members.
The ideal candidate for this role will possess a balance of strong technical skills and exceptional customer focus with a desire to operate in a fast-paced environment. And, in turn, this role provides an opportunity to be part of a collaborative, high-performance team focused on designing innovative solutions and improving Classy’s delivery effectiveness.
What you’ll do:
- Serve as a Solutions Architect through the entire customer engagement, pre-sale through implementation, with a specific focus on both Recurring Donor Migrations (RDMs) and Classy’s numerous software integrations
- Support sales in the evaluation of customer and prospect needs, review of technical requirements, and developing proofs of concept
- Craft solutions to address the challenges that customers face when migrating and integrating data between systems while leveraging repeatable process methods that produce high-quality deliverables
- Deliver technical services related to the migration of data into and out of the Classy platform and integration advisory services to customers in implementation
- Prepare delivery estimates and statements of work that align technical services with customer project plans, timelines and deliverables
- Design the system architecture and integration approach for customer projects, identifying gaps between current and desired end-states, and delivering a comprehensive solution that will achieve the desired business outcomes
- Translate learnings into product/experience improvements, process efficiencies and organizational effectiveness
- Maintain familiarity with SaaS market dynamics including contemporary technologies
- Work cross-functionally to ensure that clients feel supported and delighted throughout their time with Classy
What you bring (Required):
- A minimum of 3 years of data and integration related Solution Architecture, Solution Engineering, or Technical Services experience, preferably in SaaS
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field (e.g. Computer Science or Engineering) or equivalent work experience
- Hands-on experience with data conversions, migrations, and integrations for enterprise software applications
- Experience providing technical support for sales pursuits, including the preparation of effort/timeline estimates and statements of work
- Able to take ownership of complex technical problems and drive them to resolution individually, as well as work effectively through escalations with product and engineering teams
- Skilled at data analysis and data transformation including high level of proficiency with spreadsheet use and manipulation (e.g. Google Sheets, Excel, etc.)
- Exceptional client management and communication skills, including the ability to guide, train and negotiate technical decisions
- Highly organized, collaborative and detail-oriented
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage workflows to meet deadlines
- Experience identifying and implementing process improvements
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and critical thinking abilities
- A bias towards action and a desire to consistently exceed expectations
What would be awesome to have (Preferred):
- Experience with enterprise cloud data management
- Prior experience with relational databases, data models, SQL queries, and/or ETL tools
- Experience using REST APIs, proficiency with POSTMAN, Graph QL
- Experience with enterprise CRM and ERP solutions (e.g. Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics)
- Experience in administering, delivery and integration of large scale Salesforce implementations
- Knowledge of Payment Card Industry data security and compliance standards (PCI-DSS)
Our amazing perks!
- Market competitive pay
- Rich healthcare benefits including employer paid premiums for medical/dental/vision (100% for employee only plans and 85% for employee + dependent plans) and employer HSA contributions.
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching
- Hybrid workplace with fully remote flexibility for many roles
- Monetary support for new hire setup, hybrid work & wellbeing, family planning, and commuting expenses
- A variety of mental and wellness programs to support employees
- Generous paid parental leave and family planning stipend
- Supportive time off policies including vacation, sick/mental health days, volunteer days, company holidays, and a floating holiday
- Learning & development and recognition programs
- Gives Back Program where employees can nominate a fundraiser every week for a donation from the company.
Classy is a B Corp Certified social enterprise that helps nonprofit organizations maximize their impact through a suite of world-class, online fundraising tools to accelerate social impact around the world. Based in San Diego, CA and trusted by organizations of all sizes, from the fastest-growing nonprofits like Team Rubicon and The Trevor Project, to some of the world's largest social organizations, such as The Salvation Army, Robin Hood Foundation, and Shriners Hospitals for Children, nonprofits use Classy’s platform to raise money, engage their communities, and advance their missions. Since 2011, Classy has powered tens of millions of donations from over 190 countries and raised over $2 billion for social good. Classy also hosts the Collaborative conference and the Classy Awards to spotlight the innovative work nonprofits are implementing around the globe. For more information, visit www.classy.org or follow Classy on Twitter @Classy.
Dedication to Diversity
Classy is working toward building a more diverse and inclusive environment that is representative of individuals of all backgrounds, experiences, and lifestyles, allowing all employees to feel comfortable being their true, authentic selves in a space that enables productivity and meaningful work.