Classy helps nonprofit organizations maximize their impact by creating exceptional giving experiences. Our market-leading suite of online fundraising solutions help millions of people amplify their support for the causes they care about. As an independent subsidiary of GoFundMe, we create a global leader in modern giving across B2C and B2B, creating new opportunities to reach more people and organizations across the world. Since 2011, Classy has powered tens of millions of donations from over 190 countries and raised over $4 billion for social good.
As we continue our rapid growth, we are looking for a Nonprofit Development Executive to join our team to provide deep and practical Nonprofit industry expertise and perspective throughout our go-to-market and sales activities.
As a trusted thought and action leader you will serve as a resident expert in the field of Nonprofit Fundraising and Development. You will have the opportunity to shape and guide our vision and point-of-view on industry trends and topics and serve as an ambassador of Classy to the space. A connector and convener, you will elevate our company’s profile, relevance and value as we create educational content, host conferences and webinars, and facilitate discussions to drive philanthropy forward.
You will work directly with our nonprofit customers, potential customers, and sales teams to ensure deep understanding of organizational and fundraising goals and objectives, and to provide clear visibility into Classy’s point-of-view, future vision and the value of our platform and partnership.
Your lived nonprofit leadership experience will ground our conversations, drive customer success and enable company growth.
- Provide subject matter expertise and leadership perspective in the nonprofit sector and the field of Fundraising and Development
- Support Classy marketing and sales team activities to create authentic and aligned conversations with nonprofit leaders, organizations, and partners
- Build and cultivate strong, trusted relationships with key customers, industry thought leaders, influencers and innovators
- Inform, evolve and build awareness of Classy’s vision and point-of-view for the future of fundraising across the Nonprofit community through participation in industry, company and customer events
- Analyze and synthesize research, data, and industry trends to inform and help shape Classy’s customer and market messaging and community engagement programs
- Speak regularly at sector events and publish through industry trade publications such as blogs, social media platforms, etc.
- Inform and deliver sales enablement programming to regularly update teams on key trends and relevant topics to raise the industry IQ of the team
- Provide an ongoing feedback loop to from customers and the market to Classy product and GTM teams for continuous improvement
- Minimum of 7 years in nonprofit organization and fundraising executive leadership roles
- Deep understanding of the fundraising discipline from strategy to tactics across all channels
- Proven track record leading successful online fundraising growth initiatives and programs
- Demonstrated examples of leading organizational change through innovation to achieve desired business results
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, presentation and executive engagement skills
- The ability to construct and articulate strong business cases and ROI
- Strong networking and relationship management skills
Why you’ll love it here:
- Market competitive pay
- Rich healthcare benefits including employer paid premiums for medical/dental/vision (100% for employee only plans and 85% for employee + dependent plans) and employer HSA contributions.
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching
- Hybrid workplace with fully remote flexibility for many roles
- Monetary support for new hire setup, hybrid work & wellbeing, family planning, and commuting expenses
- A variety of mental and wellness programs to support employees
- Generous paid parental leave and family planning stipend
- Supportive time off policies including vacation, sick/mental health days, volunteer days, company holidays, and a floating holiday
- Learning & development and recognition programs
- Gives Back Program where employees can nominate a fundraiser every week for a donation from the company.
Dedication to Diversity
Classy is working toward building a more diverse and inclusive environment that is representative of individuals of all backgrounds, experiences, and lifestyles, allowing all employees to feel comfortable being their true, authentic selves in a space that enables productivity and meaningful work.