Classy's Product Technology team is hiring a Lead Software Engineer to build and extend Classy's Identity and Access Management platform. The ideal candidate will combine solid engineering expertise with product aptitude, is driven by exciting technical challenges that come with scale, and thrives in a fast-paced, iterative, and collaborative environment. We want to talk to you if you are familiar with the IAM space and unfazed by the idea of refactoring and improving our existing systems to make them more robust, maintainable, and scalable.
What you’ll accomplish:
- Lead a team of talented engineers to build out Classy’s IAM platform.
- Provide technical leadership and strategic direction for Federated Single Sign On using industry protocols such as SAML, OAuth, OpenID Connect, etc.
- Provide input into architectural design of IAM systems and complete the IAM's product roadmap
- Ensure the maintenance, patching, operating, and monitoring of IAM systems.
- Analyze, design, and develop software that delivers clean, maintainable code within a large and established code base.
- Contribute to a microservice based evolution of the technical infrastructure.
- Learn and grow your skills by working collaboratively with experienced and engaged developers to design new features and re-architect existing ones.
- Within an Agile environment, work as part of a Scrum team and develop web-based software solutions.
- Mentor engineers to become proficient developers using best software development practices and processes.
What you bring (Required):
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 6+ years of professional software development experience with server-side, web-based technologies with a strong focus on backend development.
- Experience crafting and implementing identity and access management solutions.
- Experience with the implementation and integration of SSO and MFA technologies from both a workforce (internal) and client perspective, preferably with Okta.
- Experience in current security standards and protocols, including but not limited to SSO, MFA, SAML, OAuth / OIDC and SCIM.
- Ability to produce detailed IAM documentation and process flows.
- Strong experience in analyzing logs and identifying problems with authentication and authorization
- Proficient with microservice architecture with a deep understanding of strengths and pitfalls.
- Deep experience with code versioning tools (GIT/Bitbucket).
- Experience working with remote and offshore teams.
What would be awesome to have (Preferred):
- Experience with OKTA.
- Experience with refactoring complex architecture to microservice patterns
- Experience with frontend technologies and frameworks such as ReactJS.
- Experience with PHP.
- Experience with scaling Node.js services.
- Experience with scaling databases and optimizing queries.
- Familiarity with Docker, AWS (EC2, ECS, SQS, SNS).
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies.
Our amazing perks!
Market competitive pay
Rich healthcare benefits including employer paid premiums for medical/dental/vision (100% for employee only plans and 85% for employee + dependent plans) and employer HSA contributions.
401(k) retirement plan with company matching
Hybrid workplace with fully remote flexibility for many roles
Monetary support for new hire setup, hybrid work & wellbeing, family planning, and commuting expenses
A variety of mental and wellness programs to support employees
Generous paid parental leave and family planning stipend
Supportive time off policies including vacation, sick/mental health days, volunteer days, company holidays, and a floating holiday
Learning & development and recognition programs
Gives Back Program where employees can nominate a fundraiser every week for a donation from the company.
Classy is a B Corp Certified social enterprise that helps nonprofit organizations maximize their impact through a suite of world-class, online fundraising tools to accelerate social impact around the world. Based in San Diego, CA and trusted by organizations of all sizes, from the fastest-growing nonprofits like Team Rubicon and The Trevor Project, to some of the world's largest social organizations, such as The Salvation Army, Robin Hood Foundation, and Shriners Hospitals for Children, nonprofits use Classy’s platform to raise money, engage their communities, and advance their missions. Since 2011, Classy has powered tens of millions of donations from over 190 countries and raised over $2 billion for social good. Classy also hosts the Collaborative conference and the Classy Awards to spotlight the innovative work nonprofits are implementing around the globe. For more information, visit www.classy.org or follow Classy on Twitter @Classy.
Dedication to Diversity
Classy is working toward building a more diverse and inclusive environment that is representative of individuals of all backgrounds, experiences, and lifestyles, allowing all employees to feel comfortable being their true, authentic selves in a space that enables productivity and meaningful work.