Are you a dynamic, high-performing, and hard-working individual who is looking to challenge yourself in new ways? The Classy sales team is hiring Business Development Representatives (BDRs) to support our push upmarket. The ideal candidate would have previous sales development experience, be excited to pursue a career in sales, and someone who has done their research on what makes an outstanding performer.
BDRs are often the first contact that a prospective customer has with Classy and spend their days conducting strategic outreach to decision makers of nonprofit organizations, while also following up and nurturing business relationships. BDRs are measured by their ability to strategically penetrate multiple departments within organizations to generate pipeline, facilitate qualifying calls and conduct discovery with high-level decision makers, and execute a seamless handoff of qualified prospects to our Account Executive team.
BDRs work closely with Account Executives, and thus gain a unique opportunity to develop their soft skills and business acumen from the guidance of senior sales reps; allowing BDRs to develop beneficial full cycle sales skills. The level of business and professional growth within this role is unmatched.
Success in this role is obtained by working closely with the Account Executive team to strategically target accounts, exceed monthly, quarterly, and yearly pipeline goals and handling pressure in a team-focused environment that is dedicated to success.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Use multiple channels and approaches to obtain a minimum of 50 outreach activities a day to non-profit organizations within provided territory
- Use strategy and creativity to reach key decision makers within provided territory
- Facilitate qualifying calls and conduct discovery with high-level decision makers
- Methodically qualify, build, and manage an accurate sales pipeline in Salesforce using MEDDIC
- Accurately document and track all activities in Salesforce
- Consistently surpassing your monthly quotas through hard work, a proactive approach to growth, and implementing feedback
- Thrive on change while remaining highly organized, optimistic, and coachable
- Become an expert in online fundraising - asking insightful questions, overcoming objections and understanding your client’s needs will be critical to your success.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree
- 1+ years of inside sales or relevant experience (selling over the phone/web preferred)
- Outbound prospecting experience
- Excellent listening, verbal and written skills
- No fear of the phones!
- Experience navigating through organizations to reach decision makers
- A growth mindset, consistently working to improve your skills and adapt in a changing environment
- High level of emotional intelligence
- Positive attitude and a drive to win
WHAT WOULD BE AWESOME TO HAVE (Preferred):
- Previously trained in consultative / value-based selling
- Experience using a CRM, preferably Salesforce
- Experience using one or more of the following: Salesloft, 6Sense, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, ZoomInfo, and Chorus
Our amazing perks!
- Flexible paid time off (PTO)
- Generous company holiday schedule
- 20 hours of paid volunteer time off/impact hours
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance, available day one
- Generous employer contribution towards Medical/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) plan and 3% employer match
- Generous parental leave benefits
- Access to virtual wellbeing apps like Headspace and Ginger
- Variety of employee discounts (including gym membership and bar/restaurant discounts)
- Professional development and learning stipends
- Work from home stipend while working remote due to COVID-19
- Downtown office with views of Petco Park and the ocean (and dog friendly!)
- Monthly parking pass, public transit pass or rideshare allowance when commuting to the office
Classy is a B Corp Certified social enterprise that helps nonprofit organizations maximize their impact through a suite of world-class, online fundraising tools to accelerate social impact around the world. Based in San Diego, CA and trusted by organizations of all sizes, from the fastest-growing nonprofits like Team Rubicon and The Trevor Project, to some of the world's largest social organizations, such as The Salvation Army, Robin Hood Foundation, and Shriners Hospitals for Children, nonprofits use Classy’s platform to raise money, engage their communities, and advance their missions. Since 2011, Classy has powered tens of millions of donations from over 190 countries and raised over $3 billion for social good. Classy also hosts the Collaborative conference and the Classy Awards to spotlight the innovative work nonprofits are implementing around the globe. For more information, visit www.classy.org or follow Classy on Twitter @Classy.
Dedication to Diversity
Classy is working toward building a more diverse and inclusive environment that is representative of individuals of all backgrounds, experiences, and lifestyles, allowing all employees to feel comfortable being their true, authentic selves in a space that enables productivity and meaningful work.