Classy's Engineering team is hiring a Senior Software Engineer, Platform to design, build, and maintain our platform core services and infrastructure that drive vast volumes of financial transactions measured in billions. The ideal candidate will combine solid engineering expertise with product aptitude, is driven by exciting technical challenges that come with scale, and thrives in a fast-paced, iterative, and collaborative environment. We want to talk to you if you are unfazed by the idea of refactoring and improving our existing systems to make them more robust, maintainable, and scalable.
What you’ll do:
- Be a valued member of an autonomous agile team to continuously experiment, iterate and deliver on new technical and product objectives
- Contribute to a microservice based evolution of the technical infrastructure.
- Analyze, design, and develop software that delivers clean, maintainable code within a large, complex, and established code base.
- Learn and grow your skills by working collaboratively with experienced and engaged developers to design new features and re-architect existing ones.
- Mentor engineers to become proficient developers using best software development practices and processes.
What you bring (Required):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of professional software development experience with server-side, web-based technologies
- Excellent understanding of distributed software architecture with experience debugging distributed systems with high data loads.
- Experience working with AWS or other cloud providers
- Familiarity with GraphQL, Elasticsearch, Docker, AWS (EC2, ECS, Lambda, SNS).
- Ability to understand product requirements and translate them into technical subtasks.
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies.
- Proficient with microservice architecture with a deep understanding of strengths and pitfalls
- Proficiency in schema design in relational or NoSQL databases (MySQL, MongoDB).
- Deep experience with code versioning tools (GIT/Bitbucket).
- A deep sense of quality, and sharp engineering skills with strong computer science fundamentals.
- Experience working with remote and offshore teams
What would be awesome to have (Preferred):
- Experience with refactoring complex architecture to microservice patterns
- Experience building PCI compliant systems
- Experience with simultaneously managing multiple web application frameworks and/or migrating from one framework to another.
Our amazing perks!
- Unlimited/flexible paid time off (PTO)
- Generous company holiday schedule
- Half day Fridays
- 20 hours of paid volunteer time off/impact hours
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance, available day one
- Generous employer contribution towards Medical/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) plan and 3% employer match
- Generous parental leave benefits
- Paid sabbatical leave for every 4 years at Classy
- Access to virtual wellbeing apps like Headspace and Ginger
- Variety of employee discounts (including gym membership and bar/restaurant discounts)
- Professional development and learning stipends
- Work from home stipend while working remote due to COVID-19
- Downtown office with views of Petco Park and the ocean (and dog friendly!)
- Monthly parking pass, public transit pass or rideshare allowance when commuting to the office
Classy is a B Corp Certified social enterprise that helps nonprofit organizations maximize their impact through a suite of world-class, online fundraising tools to accelerate social impact around the world. Based in San Diego, CA and trusted by organizations of all sizes, from the fastest-growing nonprofits like Team Rubicon and The Trevor Project, to some of the world's largest social organizations, such as The Salvation Army, Robin Hood Foundation, and Shriners Hospitals for Children, nonprofits use Classy’s platform to raise money, engage their communities, and advance their missions. Since 2011, Classy has powered tens of millions of donations from over 190 countries and raised over $2 billion for social good. Classy also hosts the Collaborative conference and the Classy Awards to spotlight the innovative work nonprofits are implementing around the globe. For more information, visit www.classy.org or follow Classy on Twitter @Classy.
Dedication to Diversity
Classy is working toward building a more diverse and inclusive environment that is representative of individuals of all backgrounds, experiences, and lifestyles, allowing all employees to feel comfortable being their true, authentic selves in a space that enables productivity and meaningful work.