Classy is a design-centric product company that helps millions of supporters safely and securely donate to nonprofits and the inspiring causes they stand for. Product designers at Classy are embedded within teams alongside product managers and engineers. Our product teams are deeply collaborative, and each member is directly responsible for the team's success.
As part of Classy’s Donations team, you will be responsible for helping donors give online with ease and flexibility. You will collaborate heavily with your team to optimize the giving journey, obsessing over conversion rates and success metrics.
Every day brings new opportunities to partner with our amazing teams across Classy whether in a collaborative workshop, sharing a new prototype for feedback, or presenting at demo day. They drive their own part of the Classy customer experience by delivering solutions to challenging problems and getting feedback directly from customers. You give a damn, and want to use the power of design for good.
What you’ll accomplish:
- Improve existing design solutions while also continuing to evolve Classy’s best-in-class donation experience
- Lead major product initiatives in partnership with product management and — oversee multiple streams of work across teams from discovery and insights to strategy and launch.
- Create simple and intuitive experiences by distilling product requirements and user goals into sketches, wireframes, and prototypes and continuously iterating to meet customer needs.
- Think holistically about the user journey and product ecosystem
- Effectively negotiate design solutions, validated through user research, and gain buy-in from leadership by using data to back-up decisions.
- Advocate on behalf of the customer, with the goal of creating the most efficient and easy-to-understand experience possible.
- Provide leadership and mentorship for our team through the interaction, visual design, and customer experience of products and services from end-to-end
- Define and evangelize Classy’s design system throughout the organization.
What you bring (Required):
- 7+ years professional experience designing web applications, preferably SaaS experience
- Experience designing e-commerce, B2C checkout experiences
- Experience rigorously testing and improving conversion rates, best in class checkout experiences, and love of data-driven design
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
- Excellent visual, interaction and service design skills —a master in their field with a portfolio to prove it
- Systems-thinker with the ability to think beyond the pixels and design for offline experiences
- Demonstrated ability to help a team navigate ambiguity, set vision and strategy for global products
- Experience applying accessibility and inclusive design principles to all initiatives
- Bonus: Interest in the power of nonprofits and using design to make the world a better place.
Our amazing perks!
- Unlimited/flexible paid time off (PTO)
- Generous company holiday schedule
- 10 company half-days annually
- 20 hours of paid volunteer time off/impact hours
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance, available day one
- Generous employer contribution towards Medical/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) plan and 3% employer match
- Generous parental leave benefits
- Paid sabbatical leave for every 4 years at Classy
- Access to virtual wellbeing apps like Headspace and Ginger
- Variety of employee discounts (including gym membership and bar/restaurant discounts)
- Professional development and learning stipends
- Work from home stipend while working remote due to COVID-19
- Downtown office with views of Petco Park and the ocean (and dog friendly!)
- Monthly parking pass, public transit pass or rideshare allowance when commuting to the office
Classy is a B Corp Certified social enterprise that helps nonprofit organizations maximize their impact through a suite of world-class, online fundraising tools to accelerate social impact around the world. Based in San Diego, CA and trusted by organizations of all sizes, from the fastest-growing nonprofits like Team Rubicon and The Trevor Project, to some of the world's largest social organizations, such as The Salvation Army, Robin Hood Foundation, and Shriners Hospitals for Children, nonprofits use Classy’s platform to raise money, engage their communities, and advance their missions. Since 2011, Classy has powered tens of millions of donations from over 190 countries and raised over $2 billion for social good. Classy also hosts the Collaborative conference and the Classy Awards to spotlight the innovative work nonprofits are implementing around the globe. For more information, visit www.classy.org or follow Classy on Twitter @Classy.
Dedication to Diversity
Classy is working toward building a more diverse and inclusive environment that is representative of individuals of all backgrounds, experiences, and lifestyles, allowing all employees to feel comfortable being their true, authentic selves in a space that enables productivity and meaningful work.
Available in these states: AZ, CA, CO, FL, IN, KS, MT, NV, OR, UT, VA, WI, GA, TX, NJ, WA, IL, PA