Classy is seeking a Visual Brand Designer that can contribute to our fast-paced creative environment, working on a variety of campaign-driven projects, including marketing assets, social media, print, infographics, and more. Ideal candidate has excellent visual design skills that include concept, theme, color, typography and style for the web and mobile platforms. Your goal will be to create impactful designs that capture the Classy brand, while working closely with fellow designers and partners in Marketing, People Ops, and Product.  

Day-to-day responsibilities

• Create effective and beautiful content for print, video, and digital media designed to fulfill campaign goals and champion the Classy brand
  • Create marketing campaign assets - social media, email, data visualizations, guides, blog graphics, animated gifs and more within specified Classy brand guidelines
  • Prioritize and project manage your own workload while meeting critical milestones and deadlines. 
  • Clearly communicate conceptual ideas and design rationale. Complete projects by coordinating with team members and communicating progress to proper stakeholders
  • Ensure that everything you deliver is a true representation of the Classy brand and its visual language system

What you bring to the table

• 2+ years experience in a marketing or agency environment
  • Passionate connection to the nonprofit/social sector and Classy’s mission
  • Education degree in art, design, or a related field
  • Portfolio demonstration of strong visual design skills, technique and attention to detail
  • Strong proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, After Effects is a plus; familiarity working with Asana
  • Ability to take input/direction from others on concepts and design
  • Ability to work on cross-functional teams and clearly communicate blockers, timing constraints, or risks in a timely manner
  • Ability to multi-task several ongoing projects
  • Demonstrates strong time management skills and ability to meet aggressive deadlines
  • Appetite for learning and growing 
  • Excitement to be part of a team and collaborate to deliver amazing experiences with a customer-driven mindset

Our amazing perks!

• Unlimited paid time off (PTO)
  • Generous company holiday schedule
  • 10 half-day Fridays annually
  • 20 hours of paid volunteer time off
  • Monthly parking pass, public transit pass, or ride-share allowance 
  • Pet-friendly office
  • Generous parental leave benefits
  • Variety of Classy Communities (affinity groups) offered - Toastmasters, Pride Club, etc.
  • Annual stipend for professional & personal development 
  • Fitness membership discounts
  • As much coffee, cold brew, and kombucha as you can drink
  • Monthly employee development courses
  • Expansive office in downtown San Diego overlooking Petco Park and the ocean

About Classy
Classy is a social enterprise that creates world-class online fundraising software for nonprofits, modernizing the giving experience to accelerate social impact around the world. Based in San Diego, CA, Classy is trusted by organizations of all sizes, from the fastest-growing nonprofits like Team Rubicon and The Trevor Project, to some of the world's largest social organizations, such as The Salvation Army, Robin Hood Foundation, and Shriners Hospitals for Children. Classy also hosts the Collaborative conference and the Classy Awards to spotlight the innovative work nonprofits are implementing around the globe. For more information, visit www.classy.org or follow Classy on Twitter @Classy.

Dedication to Diversity
Classy is working toward building a more diverse and inclusive environment that is representative of individuals of all backgrounds, experiences, and lifestyles, allowing all employees to feel comfortable being their true, authentic selves in a space that enables productivity and meaningful work.

Apply for this Job

* Required

Classy Includes

Classy is working toward building a more diverse and inclusive environment that is representative of individuals of all backgrounds, experiences, and lifestyles, allowing every employee to feel comfortable being their true, authentic self in a space that enables productivity and meaningful work.

We believe that living our mission, to mobilize the world for good, we must celebrate diversity & belonging in how we operate every day.

In order to better understand our efforts in this regard, we invite applicants to voluntarily self-identify as to their gender, sexual orientation, race/ethnicity, ability and veteran status.

Whatever your decision, it will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter and any information that you do provide will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.

I identify my gender as

I identify my sexual orientation as

I identify my ethnicity as

Veteran Status

I have a physical disability