Classy is looking for interns to work alongside our engineers for the summer of 2020. These full time internships are a unique opportunity for someone who is currently pursuing a BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, or any equivalent training, fellowship, or bootcamp completion, who wishes to gain hands-on experience in an industry setting.
You will have the opportunity to work on a cross-functional collaborative team and be paired with a dedicated mentor who will be committed to your success and provide you with consistent and helpful feedback.
What you bring (Required):
- A strong work ethic and an eagerness to jump in and help fix things
- Curiosity about how things work and tenacity to learn
- Self-awareness and a desire to improve your skills
- Strong communication skills with a positive attitude and empathy
You’ll work in one of the following areas:
You will contribute to a service-oriented architecture with microservices that are developed in PHP (Laravel), NodeJS, MySQL, and Linux. You will help improve the building blocks of our architecture to enable our web application teams to build features easier, faster and more reliably. Our services live in an AWS ecosystem where they are containerized with Docker and deployed with Terraform.
You will help develop frameworks, tools, and tests that cover the entirety of Classy’s client-server-side functionality. Both UI and Back-end services are automated, not in their entirety, but the most used, most important functionality is covered with automated tests. If you are passionate about the customer point-of-view and love to write code, Java or Python, then we would love to talk with you!
Our amazing perks!
- Unlimited paid time off (PTO)
- Generous company holiday schedule
- 10 half-day Fridays annually
- 20 hours of paid volunteer time off
- Monthly parking pass, public transit pass or rideshare allowance
- Supplemental Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance, available day one
- 401(k) plan
- Generous parental leave benefits
- Dog-friendly office
- Fitness membership discounts (and other perks)
- Downtown office with views of Petco Park and the ocean
Classy is a social enterprise that creates world-class online fundraising software for nonprofits, modernizing the giving experience to accelerate social impact around the world. Based in San Diego, CA, Classy is trusted by organizations of all sizes, from the fastest-growing nonprofits like Team Rubicon and The Trevor Project, to some of the world's largest social organizations, such as The Salvation Army, Robin Hood Foundation, and Shriners Hospitals for Children. Classy also hosts the Collaborative conference and the Classy Awards to spotlight the innovative work nonprofits are implementing around the globe. For more information, visit www.classy.org or follow Classy on Twitter @Classy.
Dedication to Diversity
Classy is working toward building a more diverse and inclusive environment that is representative of individuals of all backgrounds, experiences, and lifestyles, allowing all employees to feel comfortable being their true, authentic selves in a space that enables productivity and meaningful work.