Classy is looking for interns to work alongside our engineers for the summer of 2020. These full time internships are a unique opportunity for someone who is currently pursuing a BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, or any equivalent training, fellowship, or bootcamp completion, who wishes to gain hands-on experience in an industry setting.

You will have the opportunity to work on a cross-functional collaborative team and be paired with a dedicated mentor who will be committed to your success and provide you with consistent and helpful feedback.

What you bring (Required):

• A strong work ethic and an eagerness to jump in and help fix things
  • Curiosity about how things work and tenacity to learn
  • Self-awareness and a desire to improve your skills
  • Strong communication skills with a positive attitude and empathy

You’ll work in one of the following areas:

Platform
You will contribute to a service-oriented architecture with microservices that are developed in PHP (Laravel), NodeJS, MySQL, and Linux. You will help improve the building blocks of our architecture to enable our web application teams to build features easier, faster and more reliably. Our services live in an AWS ecosystem where they are containerized with Docker and deployed with Terraform. 

Web Application
You will use React, Angular JS, NodeJS, Javascript, CSS, to improve Classy’s online fundraising platform that is trusted by 4,000+ of the world’s best non profits.  You will contribute to our beautiful and user friendly web interfaces, develop modular components that are reusable, cross browser friendly and performant. You will work closely with Product, Design, Backend, and QA to build, test and deploy new features.

Test Automation
You will help develop frameworks, tools, and tests that cover the entirety of Classy’s client-server-side functionality.  Both UI and Back-end services are automated, not in their entirety, but the most used, most important functionality is covered with automated tests.  If you are passionate about the customer point-of-view and love to write code, Java or Python, then we would love to talk with you!

Our amazing perks!

• Unlimited paid time off (PTO)
  • Generous company holiday schedule
  • 10 half-day Fridays annually
  • 20 hours of paid volunteer time off
  • Monthly parking pass, public transit pass or rideshare allowance
  • Supplemental Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance, available day one
  • 401(k) plan
  • Generous parental leave benefits
  • Dog-friendly office
  • Fitness membership discounts (and other perks)
  • Downtown office with views of Petco Park and the ocean

About Classy
Classy is a social enterprise that creates world-class online fundraising software for nonprofits, modernizing the giving experience to accelerate social impact around the world. Based in San Diego, CA, Classy is trusted by organizations of all sizes, from the fastest-growing nonprofits like Team Rubicon and The Trevor Project, to some of the world's largest social organizations, such as The Salvation Army, Robin Hood Foundation, and Shriners Hospitals for Children. Classy also hosts the Collaborative conference and the Classy Awards to spotlight the innovative work nonprofits are implementing around the globe. For more information, visit www.classy.org or follow Classy on Twitter @Classy.

Dedication to Diversity
Classy is working toward building a more diverse and inclusive environment that is representative of individuals of all backgrounds, experiences, and lifestyles, allowing all employees to feel comfortable being their true, authentic selves in a space that enables productivity and meaningful work.

Apply for this Job

* Required

Classy Includes

Classy is working toward building a more diverse and inclusive environment that is representative of individuals of all backgrounds, experiences, and lifestyles, allowing every employee to feel comfortable being their true, authentic self in a space that enables productivity and meaningful work.

We believe that living our mission, to mobilize the world for good, we must celebrate diversity & belonging in how we operate every day.

In order to better understand our efforts in this regard, we invite applicants to voluntarily self-identify as to their gender, sexual orientation, race/ethnicity, ability and veteran status.

Whatever your decision, it will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter and any information that you do provide will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.

I identify my gender as

I identify my sexual orientation as

I identify my ethnicity as

Veteran Status

I have a physical disability