We’re looking for an experienced and innovative Senior Manager, Communications and Brand, to oversee the development and execution of Classy’s brand strategy across channels. Working closely with the SVP of Marketing, you and your team will devise, roll out, and manage the brand initiatives that support Classy’s immediate and long term marketing and business goals.
You will be responsible for developing the key brand messages to advance our thought leadership presence and mindshare in our industry, crafting full integrated marketing campaigns, and managing the execution of those campaigns to drive platform adoption and revenue growth. You will also oversee the content marketing, video, PR, and social functions, and be able to help evolve the strategic direction and focus of those teams.
As an influential leader both on the Marketing team and cross-functionally, you’ll also work with the Marketing operations team to define and track the success of your team’s work, the Design team to bring to life creative campaigns and concepts, the Customer Success Management team to unearth customer stories and opportunities, the Customer Care team to respond to potential issues that arise on social media, and more.
What you’ll accomplish:
- Oversee the creation of a multi-year strategic communications and brand plan that supports the long-term brand building and business goals at Classy
- Fully own integrated campaigns, from brand positioning to campaign planning to integrated campaign project management
- Mentor and develop employees to grow their impact
- Provide strategic marketing input across marketing tactics as part of the marketing leadership team
- Evolve Classy’s content marketing strategy and execution to continue driving customer growth and further elevate Classy’s brand and place in the market
- Evolve Classes overarching social media strategy to drive awareness for Classy and engage existing and prospective customers
- Oversee the strategy and execution of new content initiatives that build brand awareness and meet business goals, including development of gated content and SEO for lead generation
- Partner with the CEO and other executive leaders to develop and execute on strategic initiatives to further build their thought leadership brands
- Forge relationships with key leadership stakeholders, including getting executive buy-in for plans and budgets; communicate with executives and craft impactful executive summaries to elevate the team’s work
- Partner with marketing events team to define where Classy shows up in the market—and how we show up—through relevant content, thought leadership, and more
- Counsel senior leaders on employee communications to make sure complicated situations are handled with Classy’s core values in mind
What you’ll bring (required):
- Seasoned—Proven track record of driving results through complex, multi-channel campaigns. 6+ years of Marketing experience with a history of direct team management, integrated marketing management, and content strategy, preferably in a B2B technology environment
- Extraordinary multi-tasker—thrives in managing several projects simultaneously without losing attention to detail and ensuring flawless execution
- Exceptional writer and storyteller—effective verbal and written communicator with the ability to translate business objectives into goal-oriented marketing campaigns
- Creative and pragmatic—ability to see interesting stories, tell them memorably, and grow Classy’s storytelling efforts in new ways, while remaining strategic about decisions and overarching marketing recommendations
- Opportunistic—identify areas of growth and opportunity for Classy and continue to evolve the company’s comms and brand initiatives
- Influential—great at building relationships with executives, employees, and press, and persuading them to embrace our ideas
- Collaborative—embraces tasks big and small—whatever’s needed to get the job done
- Relentless follow-through—stays on top of news cycles, is responsive to team and journalists, and holds team to standards where nothing falls through the cracks
What would be awesome to have (preferred):
- A mix of in-house and agency experience
- Prior experience in a SaaS environment
- Prior experience with nonprofit organizations
Our amazing perks!
- Unlimited PTO
- 10 half-day Fridays a year
- 20 hours paid volunteer time off
- Monthly parking pass, public transit pass, or rideshare allowance
- Supplemental Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance, available day one
- 401(k) plan
- Dog friendly office
- Fitness membership discounts
- Love the active life? We have company and team outings and participate in team sports
- Monthly employee development courses
- New expansive office in downtown San Diego overlooking Petco Park baseball stadium and the ocean
Classy is a social enterprise that creates world-class online fundraising software for nonprofits, modernizing the giving experience to accelerate social impact around the world. Recognized as one of the most valuable tech startups in San Diego, Classy is trusted by organizations of all sizes, from the fastest-growing nonprofits like Team Rubicon and The Trevor Project, to some of the world's largest social organizations, such as The Salvation Army, Robin Hood Foundation, and Shriners Hospitals for Children. Working for Classy means you’re an integral part of our mission—to mobilize and empower the world for good—and our unique culture. You’ll learn, contribute to amazing customer experiences, and flourish alongside colleagues who are determined to make a lasting social impact. For more information, visit www.classy.org or follow Classy on Twitter @Classy.
Dedication to Diversity
Classy is working toward building a more diverse and inclusive environment that is representative of individuals of all backgrounds, experiences, and lifestyles, allowing all employees to feel comfortable being their true, authentic selves in a space that enables productivity and meaningful work.