Classy has been leading innovation in web-based fundraising solutions for the nonprofit sector. As part of our focus to create best in class products, design has played an integral part of our brand and value. Here, Design is a multi-disciplinary department comprised of brand and product design. We work cross-functionally with just about every team to deliver a delightful customer experience and make things feel like Classy.

We’re looking for a Visual Design Intern who can work alongside our brand design team for summer 2020. This is a great opportunity for any individual looking to hone their visual design chops while working with a multidisciplinary design team. The ideal candidate will be a great team player who is detail-oriented and can work both collaboratively and independently, and eager to learn from a team of experts in UX Design, Visual Design & Interaction Design.

*Length of assignment would be 10-12 weeks in summer of 2020.*

What You’ll Be Doing

• Experiencing creative processes first-hand and working collaboratively with Marketing and Design teams
  • Crafting designs that help visually communicate the Classy brand and product offering
  • Applying Design to Campaign Strategies
  • Content & Advertising Strategy
  • Branding
  • Cross-Channel Strategy (Digital)
  • Agency Pace/Experience
  • Ad Creative, Social Media Creative
  • Email Design
  • Blog Graphics
  • Landing Page Creative
  • Social Content Imagery
  • Infographics
  • eBooks & White Papers
  • Apparel & swag design
  • +More

What you Bring (Required): 

• A strong connection to the nonprofit/social sector and Classy’s mission 
  • Working towards a degree in the fields of Graphic/Visual Design, Interaction Design, or related disciplines
  • A portfolio showcasing your work and/or projects • Experience with design tools (e.g., Adobe CC, Affinity Designer, Sketch, Invision, Framer Studio, Figma, etc.)
  • Understanding of design fundamentals
  • Relevant work experience OR or personal project experience 
  • “Often and early” mindset, actively seeking feedback and advice from other designers
  • The ability to work independently and as part of a team, and bring a willingness to learn through design thinking and execution
  • Excellent communication skills with the ability to articulate and explain your design decisions.
  • Committed to quality and strong attention to detail

What would be awesome to have (Preferred):

• Bonus points for having basic knowledge of front-end dev - HTML, CSS, JS
  • Previous internship experience

Our amazing perks!

• Unlimited paid time off (PTO)
  • Generous company holiday schedule
  • 10 half-day Fridays annually
  • 20 hours of paid volunteer time off
  • Monthly parking pass, public transit pass or rideshare allowance
  • Supplemental Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance, available day one
  • 401(k) plan
  • Generous parental leave benefits
  • Dog-friendly office
  • Fitness membership discounts (and other perks)
  • Downtown office with views of Petco Park and the ocean

About Classy

Classy is a social enterprise that creates world-class online fundraising software for nonprofits, modernizing the giving experience to accelerate social impact around the world. Based in San Diego, CA, Classy is trusted by organizations of all sizes, from the fastest-growing nonprofits like Team Rubicon and The Trevor Project, to some of the world's largest social organizations, such as The Salvation Army, Robin Hood Foundation, and Shriners Hospitals for Children. Classy also hosts the Collaborative conference and the Classy Awards to spotlight the innovative work nonprofits are implementing around the globe. For more information, visit www.classy.org or follow Classy on Twitter @Classy.

Dedication to Diversity

Classy is working toward building a more diverse and inclusive environment that is representative of individuals of all backgrounds, experiences, and lifestyles, allowing all employees to feel comfortable being their true, authentic selves in a space that enables productivity and meaningful work.

Apply for this Job

* Required

Classy Includes

Classy is working toward building a more diverse and inclusive environment that is representative of individuals of all backgrounds, experiences, and lifestyles, allowing every employee to feel comfortable being their true, authentic self in a space that enables productivity and meaningful work.

We believe that living our mission, to mobilize the world for good, we must celebrate diversity & belonging in how we operate every day.

In order to better understand our efforts in this regard, we invite applicants to voluntarily self-identify as to their gender, sexual orientation, race/ethnicity, ability and veteran status.

Whatever your decision, it will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter and any information that you do provide will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.

I identify my gender as

I identify my sexual orientation as

I identify my ethnicity as

Veteran Status

I have a physical disability