Classy is hiring a Lead Web Developer to support our marketing team. This position will be responsible for self-managing the build out of landing pages, web apps and maintaining Classy.org.

What you’ll accomplish:

• Build and maintain all Classy web presence, including our website, our blog, and all microsites
  • Building out pages and web apps to support marketing campaigns and needs
  • Bug fixes and feature additions
  • Maintaining and scaling web applications
  • Heavy focus on data-driven decision making
  • Communicating at a high-level with various teams
  • Maintain team’s budget, project strategies and timelines
  • Assist with OKR planning, code reviews, testing, documentation, work with designers, developers and devops engineers to meet deadlines
  • Roadmapping and logistics for future quarters
  • Guiding the team through the development lifecycle and setting expectations for needs and deliverables
  • Responsible for all tracking, optimization, testing technologies implemented on the site
  • Familiar with technical SEO best practices

Classy’s marketing web stack:

• RESTful and Graphql APIs
  • Requests - Axios
  • Linter - ESLint
  • Vue.js 2.5 / Nuxt.js 1.4 - Universal Mode
  • Bundler - Webpack
  • Styling - SCSS (using Foundation grid framework)
  • Router - Vue-router with Nuxt’s extensibility
  • Store - Vuex
  • Headless CMS - Contentful
  • Tracking and testing tools - Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics, Google Optimize, Crazy Egg
  • Web-based CMS - Wordpress

What you bring (Required):

• Strong sense of self-direction and understanding of project management
    • Highly motivated with strong attention to detail
    • Excellent written/verbal communication skills
    • Ability to work effectively and with various teams throughout the organization 
    • Flexibility to handle the demands of a rapidly growing and changing workplace
    • Extensive front-end experience - ideally using some combination Vue.js, Vue-router 

• Modern Web Languages - HTML, CSS/SCSS, Javascript/ES6+
  • Templating Frameworks - Foundation, Bootstrap
  • JS Frameworks - Vue.js, Nuxt.js
  • JS Build Tools - Webpack, Babel
  • Libraries and Plugins - Vue-router, Vuex, Axios
  • RESTful APIs
  • API Consumption/Middleware - Express.js
  • Development Lifecycles - Agile & SCRUM
  • AWS Services - ECS, S3, Codebuild, Codepipeline, Cloudwatch

• Additional technical experience with the following:

• Docker
  • Terraform and managing multiple environments
  • Writing and maintaining documentation
  • Google Analytics
  • Google Tag Manager

What would be awesome to have (Preferred):

• Experience with server-side rendering
  • Moment.js
  • Nginx
  • Accessibility 
  • BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
  • Wordpress

Our amazing perks!

• Unlimited paid time off (PTO)
  • Generous company holiday schedule
  • 10 half-day Fridays annually
  • 20 hours of paid volunteer time off
  • Monthly parking pass, public transit pass or rideshare allowance
  • Supplemental Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance, available day one
  • 401(k) plan
  • Generous parental leave benefits
  • Dog-friendly office
  • Fitness membership discounts (and other perks)
  • Downtown office with views of Petco Park and the ocean

About Classy 

Classy is a social enterprise that creates world-class online fundraising software for nonprofits, modernizing the giving experience to accelerate social impact around the world. Recognized as one of the most valuable tech startups in San Diego, Classy is trusted by organizations of all sizes, from the fastest-growing nonprofits like Team Rubicon and The Trevor Project, to some of the world's largest social organizations, such as The Salvation Army, Robin Hood Foundation, and Shriners Hospitals for Children. Working for Classy means you’re an integral part of our mission—to mobilize and empower the world for good—and our unique culture. You’ll learn, contribute to amazing customer experiences, and flourish alongside colleagues who are determined to make a lasting social impact. For more information, visit www.classy.org or follow Classy on Twitter @Classy.

Dedication to Diversity 

Classy is working toward building a more diverse and inclusive environment that is representative of individuals of all backgrounds, experiences, and lifestyles, allowing all employees to feel comfortable being their true, authentic selves in a space that enables productivity and meaningful work.

Apply for this Job

* Required

Classy Includes

Classy is working toward building a more diverse and inclusive environment that is representative of individuals of all backgrounds, experiences, and lifestyles, allowing every employee to feel comfortable being their true, authentic self in a space that enables productivity and meaningful work.

We believe that living our mission, to mobilize the world for good, we must celebrate diversity & belonging in how we operate every day.

In order to better understand our efforts in this regard, we invite applicants to voluntarily self-identify as to their gender, sexual orientation, race/ethnicity, ability and veteran status.

Whatever your decision, it will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter and any information that you do provide will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.

I identify my gender as

I identify my sexual orientation as

I identify my ethnicity as

Veteran Status

I have a physical disability