Classy's Product Technology team is hiring a Lead Test Automation Engineer to join the Test Engineering team. In this key role you will participate in enhancing, designing, developing and executing on the automation test strategy for the Classy Online Fundraising Platform. You will act as a thought leader in this space, helping to deliver innovative test engineering solutions with a focus on test automation in the continuous development continuous deployment pipeline.
The successful candidate requires in-depth automation skills, deep technical knowledge, strong data analysis skills and the ability to fit and contribute to the team. Classy is a growth stage startup company and successful candidates will need to demonstrate an “adapt and overcome” attitude, are expected to contribute towards many facets of the SDLC and should not be afraid to roll up their sleeves to get the job done.
The solutions you help us deliver will be key to our success in reducing the feedback cycle and defect count, and increasing visibility into Test Engineering within Classy. We want to talk to you if you have a strong desire to be part of a team, love coding and enjoy mentoring.
What you’ll accomplish:
- Be part of test engineering leadership working to broaden the role of automation, continually be improving the automation stack, while working to grow the automation skills of all test engineering team members
- Expand our existing functional automation suite based on user stories
- Design and build a Quality dashboard that auto-updates based on metrics from our automation suites
- Establish and grow a performance testing suite focused on customer facing features
- Work with limited supervision, and take ownership of test automation strategy and projects to achieve quality, schedule, financial, and technical goals while evangelizing the benefits of test automation
What you bring (Required):
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, or related discipline
- 10+ years hands-on experience designing, developing, enhancing, and maintaining automation for web applications and backend services in a fast paced scrum environment, both UI and API experience are a must (Python, Java; Not clicking the record button)
- Extensive experience working with automation tools and technologies (Open source and proprietary)
- Experience working with and automating RESTful services
- A passion and desire to build an automation suite which improves quality and reduces feedback - on the front-end and back-end
- Strong interpersonal skills, and professional demeanor
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with advanced presentation skills
- Highly effective team player with high level of customer empathy
- Flexible, humble and driven, capable of working in a team-oriented scrum environment
What would be awesome to have (Preferred):
- Master’s degree in Computer Science
- Solid understanding of metrics with experience building Quality reporting dashboards
- Experience programming with Python
- Experience working with Enterprise SaaS applications deployed to AWS
- Nonprofit or online fundraising experience
Our amazing perks!
- Unlimited PTO
- 10 half-day Fridays a year
- 20 hours paid volunteer time off
- Monthly parking pass, public transit pass, or rideshare allowance
- Supplemental Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance, available day one
- 401(k) plan
- Dog friendly office
- Fitness membership discounts
- Love the active life? We have company and team outings and participate in team sports
- Monthly employee development courses
- New expansive office in downtown San Diego overlooking Petco Park baseball stadium and the ocean
Classy is a social enterprise that creates world-class online fundraising software for nonprofits, modernizing the giving experience to accelerate social impact around the world. Recognized as one of the most valuable tech startups in San Diego, Classy is trusted by organizations of all sizes, from the fastest-growing nonprofits like Team Rubicon and The Trevor Project, to some of the world's largest social organizations, such as The Salvation Army, Robin Hood Foundation, and Shriners Hospitals for Children. Working for Classy means you’re an integral part of our mission—to mobilize and empower the world for good—and our unique culture. You’ll learn, contribute to amazing customer experiences, and flourish alongside colleagues who are determined to make a lasting social impact. For more information, visit www.classy.org or follow Classy on Twitter @Classy.
Dedication to Diversity
Classy is working toward building a more diverse and inclusive environment that is representative of individuals of all backgrounds, experiences, and lifestyles, allowing all employees to feel comfortable being their true, authentic selves in a space that enables productivity and meaningful work.