Classy is looking for a VP of Operations to drive performance, strategy, and alignment of its client-facing teams in order to maximize value for the company and its customers. This deeply cross functional role will be responsible for implementing scalable processes, technology, and reporting and business intelligence solutions that ensure our Marketing, Sales, and Customer Success teams are working together optimally. In this role you will be uniquely positioned to influence the organization, partnering hand in hand with our CRO, CEO, VP Marketing, VP of Finance, CPO, and Field Executive Team to set and execute the strategy for fast growth. You will help the company make smart, data driven decisions, backed by your expertise and savvy in software sales.
What You’ll Do:
- Partner closely with C-level and Field Executive team to set go-to-market strategy and construct corresponding business/execution plans. Shape fundamental business strategies, including monetization, market entry, and vertical/segment focus.
- Own all aspects of operations, including technology, business intelligence and analytics, planning, operations, and enablement. Ensure all customer facing teams are optimized and aligned through training, tools, and process.
- Build a highly effective team; hire, coach & mentor team members to support their growth and professional development.
- Develop key operating models to illuminate the drivers of the business and identify growth opportunities and track performance. Generate hypotheses and work cross functionally across marketing, sales, product, data science and customer support to execute on strategic growth initiatives.
- Develop sharp, incisive business strategies & tactics across a suite of products, informed by data analysis, customer feedback, sales input, and industry trends.
- Lead our annual Long Range Planning process, in partnership with Finance as well as our business planning and goal-setting process. Establish measurement framework and cadence.
- Provide analytics and reporting for the field teams, including forecasting, pipeline analysis, quarter and year-end reports, board slides, performance to quota, deal tracking, funnel growth, funnel velocity, close rates, etc.
- Lead territory development and compensation design efforts to optimize for fairness, productivity, and alignment across customer facing teams. Design and implement operating rules of engagement across Sales, Marketing, and Customer Success teams
- Ensure cross-functional coordination, revenue recognition and alignment of KPIs
- Architect and build the industry’s most effective field on-boarding/enablement organization. Define, develop and manage the delivery of sales training/enablement to assure the rapid assimilation of new field hires and the ongoing development of existing sales staff
- Work closely with our Corporate Development on the roadmap of inorganic opportunities to accelerate growth, maximize efficiency & effectiveness, and mitigate risk
What you bring (Required):
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field
- 8+ years experience in operations
- 5+ years proven leadership experience
- Experience with software, SaaS, particularly targeted at SMB and enterprise’
- Extensive experience in creating & driving growth strategy in software, philanthropy, or related industries
- Practical business acumen, such as driving business transformation or managing a P&L
- Independently capable of seeking information, solving conceptual problems, corralling resources and delivering results in challenging and/or ambiguous situations
- Excellent communication and analytical skills with the ability to distill complex thoughts and strategies into simple, actionable recommendations
- Experience in assembling data analysis from disparate sources and developing conclusions and recommendations from incomplete data
- Experience leading large cross-functional teams through change management initiatives
- Ability to articulately present on complex topics, debate recommendations, and influence at the executive level
- Experience leading small teams on strategic projects
- Experience as a disciplined revenue operations and management professional. Track record of accurate forecasting, building and effectively managing large and diverse teams, and putting the appropriate processes and infrastructure in place to drive growth within a successful SaaS company
- Proven ability to lead and scale operations of significant scope through growth periods.
- Success as a leader. Proven ability to attract, develop, and retain superstar level talent
- Strategic thinker – able to operate as a senior leader and influence go to market and company strategy. Proven ability to formulate a high-level strategy, then convert into a tactical plan and execute on that plan
- Business savvy; solid understanding of finance, operations, engineering, marketing, etc.
- "Hands-on" operating style and approach but a view towards the future and willingness to invest in people development and in developing an organization that will support a large company
- Action and results oriented, demonstrating a bias to action. Meets commitments; pragmatic and tough minded. Able to lead others to make correct decisions. Sets appropriate expectations and holds people accountable.
- Technically competent. Understands the inner workings of the products, and translate that knowledge into benefits for a customer
- Highly self-aware, collaborative, and open to feedback. Transparent
Our amazing perks!
- Unlimited PTO
- 10 half-day Fridays a year
- 20 hours paid volunteer time off
- Monthly parking pass, public transit pass, or rideshare allowance
- Supplemental Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance, available day one
- 401(k) plan
- Dog friendly office
- Fitness membership discounts
- Love the active life? We have company and team outings and participate in team sports
- Monthly employee development courses
- New expansive office in downtown San Diego overlooking Petco Park baseball stadium and the ocean
Classy is a social enterprise that creates world-class online fundraising software for nonprofits, modernizing the giving experience to accelerate social impact around the world. Recognized as one of the most valuable tech startups in San Diego, Classy is trusted by organizations of all sizes, from the fastest-growing nonprofits like Team Rubicon and The Trevor Project, to some of the world's largest social organizations, such as The Salvation Army, Robin Hood Foundation, and Shriners Hospitals for Children. Working for Classy means you’re an integral part of our mission—to mobilize and empower the world for good—and our unique culture. You’ll learn, contribute to amazing customer experiences, and flourish alongside colleagues who are determined to make a lasting social impact. For more information, visit www.classy.org or follow Classy on Twitter @Classy.
Dedication to Diversity
Classy is working toward building a more diverse and inclusive environment that is representative of individuals of all backgrounds, experiences, and lifestyles, allowing all employees to feel comfortable being their true, authentic selves in a space that enables productivity and meaningful work.