We are looking for dynamic, high-performing, and hard working individuals to join our expanding inside sales team. The ideal candidate is excited to pursue a career in sales and has done their research on what makes an outstanding salesperson. A successful SDR has exceptional communication skills, loves the thrill of the hunt, and is determined to succeed.
Sales Development Reps are the front line of the sales process and spend their days cold calling into nonprofit organizations. SDR’s are measured by their seamless handoffs of qualified leads to our Account Executive team. Success in this role is obtained by hitting and exceeding monthly goals, consistently staying ahead of daily metrics, and handling pressure in stride, all in a team-focused environment. The ultimate goal in the Sales Development Role is to graduate into a full cycle sales role as an Account Executive.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR IN YOU:
- You have an appetite for learning! You’re keen on turning training and feedback into action and continuous self-improvement
- You are committed to a high standard of integrity and work ethic
- You’re an excellent listener, assertive, persistent, and persuasive - show us your grit!
- You are genuinely curious about people, and possess the innate ability to inspire passion in others
- You are adaptable and can think on your feet. When faced with new challenges, or tough conversations, failure simply isn't an option
- Making 65-100 cold calls a day to non-profit organizations
- Methodically qualify, build, and manage an accurate sales pipeline in Salesforce
- Consistently surpassing your monthly quotas through hard work and implementing feedback
- Thrive on change while remaining highly organized, optimistic, and coachable
- Become an expert in online fundraising - asking insightful questions, overcoming objections and understanding your client’s needs will be critical to your success.
- Excellent communication skills & dynamic telephone presence - No fear of the phones!
- Positive attitude and a drive to win
- Technically savvy
NICE TO HAVE:
- 1+ years of inside sales or relevant experience (selling over the phone/web preferred)
- Previously trained in consultative / value based selling
- Experience using a CRM, preferably Salesforce
- Bachelor’s Degree
WE WOULD BE REMISS NOT TO MENTION OUR AWESOME PERKS!
- Unlimited PTO
- 10 half-day Fridays a year
- 20 hours paid volunteer time off
- Monthly parking pass, public transit pass, or ride-share allowance
- Supplemental Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance, available day one
- 401(k) plan
- Fitness membership discounts
- Pet-friendly office
- Love the active life? We have company and team outings and participate in team sports
- Monthly employee development courses
- New expansive office in downtown San Diego overlooking Petco Park baseball stadium and the ocean
Classy is a social enterprise that creates world-class online fundraising software for nonprofits, modernizing the giving experience to accelerate social impact around the world. Since 2011, fundraising on the Classy platform has doubled each year—resulting in thousands of nonprofits collectively raising over half a billion dollars. Based in San Diego, CA, Classy is trusted by organizations of all sizes, from the fastest-growing nonprofits like Team Rubicon and The Trevor Project, to some of the world’s largest social organizations, such as Acumen, Robin Hood Foundation, and Shriners Hospitals for Children. Classy also hosts the annual Classy Awards to spotlight the innovative work nonprofits are implementing around the globe. Backed by prominent technology investors, including JMI Equity, Mithril, Salesforce Ventures, and Bullpen Capital, Classy has raised $53 million to-date in growth capital. For more information, visit www.classy.org or follow Classy on Twitter @Classy.