Classy has been leading innovation in web based fundraising solutions for the nonprofit sector. As part of our focus to create best in class products, design has played an integral part of our brand and value. Here, design is a multi-disciplinary department comprised of brand and product design. We work cross-functionally with just about every team to deliver a delightful customer experience and make things feel Classy.
Our Manager, Visual Design will bring a deep understanding of visual design and creative process to guide our Brand UI Design team. You will lead a team of designers that improve brand awareness in partnership with Marketing, through the marketing lifecycle, as well as collaborating with our product design efforts. You love being plugged into the customer journey and obsess over building a cohesive digital experience. You thrive working with a diverse array of people, embracing design challenges and cultivating collaboration. You have a passion for bring visual storytelling and empathy to strategic communications. If this sounds like you, and you'd like a chance to join the Classy team, we'd love to hear from you.
- Actively manage visual and interactive designers to provide guidance, oversight, and mentorship to the team
- Create accountability and prioritization for project timelines and deliverables, guide production pipeline and communicate evolving project goals
- Build strong relationships and operating rhythms with leaders outside the Design team to efficiently implement cohesive experiences across multiple channels and mediums.
- Help promote a fun, purposeful and highly collaborative team culture
- Continue to build technical and professional capabilities within the team to help promote employee growth
- Work with the team to ensure exceptional design deliverables that represent the Classy brand; set and exceed best practices and standards, measurable impacts, and design integrity
- Collaborate with other design managers on product and experience consistency
- Establish standards for design that wills scale with our growth
What You Bring to the Table
- Bachelor degree in relevant field preferred or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of design experience for digital formats, preferably for a SaaS company
- 2+ years of experience directly leading a team and managing designers
- 2+ years of experience directly managing end to end design projects
- Strong visual design capabilities
- Strong background with leading marketing design and product awareness initiatives
- Knowledge of UX principles and Design Thinking
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Portfolio to illustrate applied experience as the creative process leader on projects
- Ability to embrace change and hyper-growth with nimble ease in adapting
We would be remiss not to mention our awesome perks!
- New office in downtown San Diego overlooking Petco Park baseball stadium and the San Diego Harbor
- 29 days off annually including vacation + holidays
- 10 half-day Fridays a year
- 20 hours paid volunteer time off
- Monthly parking pass, public transit pass, or ride-share allowance
- Top-notch health benefits
- Pet friendly office (woof! caw! meow!)
Classy is a social enterprise that creates world-class online fundraising tools for nonprofits, modernizing the giving experience to accelerate social impact around the world – like curing disease, responding to disasters, providing access to education and other inspirational programs. Classy’s goal is to be a growth engine for nonprofits and social enterprises, helping them engage with supporters through a remarkable giving experience. Since 2011, fundraising on the Classy platform has doubled each year—resulting in thousands of nonprofits collectively raising over half a billion dollars.
Did you know that over $390 billion is donated annually to U.S. nonprofits, yet only a small fraction of this number is donated online? This massive market has been devoid of significant innovation in technology for decades - with most modern technology companies focusing elsewhere. Therefore, this market is ripe for disruption.
Classy is a VC-backed SaaS company headquartered in San Diego, boasting a culture that is exciting, result-oriented, and above all else, committed to our mission. Our customers deserve a technology solution—and a team— that can transform the giving experience. We’d love for you to be a part of it.
Today, the 250+-person Classy team services over 4,000 nonprofit customers and also hosts the Collaborative and Classy Awards to recognize excellence in social innovation.