Are you an elite writer who is looking for more purpose in your daily job? Look no further. Classy is a leader in online and mobile fundraising for nonprofits. We’re a for-profit company with some of the best and brightest colleagues you’ll encounter, but with a mission to help fund solutions to the world’s most vexing problems. Our clients include organizations that fundraise to cure cancer, eliminate child trafficking and bring education and medical care to some of the most underserved people in the world.
We’re looking for a full-time, in-house writer to create world-class customer education for our in-product and web help experiences. You’ll write content that teaches customers on how to use the product, keeps them moving toward their goals and offers expert fundraising advice. You should have proven chops crafting simple, step-by-step guidance for web-based solutions using a range of experiences, including articles, video, animated GIFs, interviews, widgets, etc.
A clean and simple writing style is required, you need to be confident using data to define priorities and be obsessed with measuring the success of the experiences you create. It’s also critical to have outstanding collaboration skills, as you’ll partnering with our Customer Success, Experience Design and Marketing teams to execute intuitive, beautiful experiences.
About This Role:
In this role you'll...
- Write compelling help and educational content that solves important customer challenges, while reflecting Classy’s brand attributes.
- Use qualitative and quantitative data to identify and prioritize content opportunities.
- Partner with Marketing to expand and uphold editorial, product and brand consistency.
- Align with Product Management, Product Marketing and Development priorities to ensure content is updated or created in time for critical product releases.
- Partner with support representatives and account managers to determine the right content and experiences to solve key customer challenges.
- Work with experience design, when applicable, to translate your content into a self-service experience.
- Declare success criteria, measure outcomes against goals and proactively act to improve outcomes.
- Drive confidence with senior leadership by reporting on content performance and your priorities to improve outcomes.
- Rapidly test and iterate to generate insights that improve experiences and inform strategic decisions.
- Prioritize and project manage your own workload while meeting critical milestones and communicating progress to stakeholders.
- Build great relationships with Customer Success, Product Management, Design, Development and other teams through open collaboration and shared goals.
- Outstanding Writing Skills. You build customer confidence by guiding them step-by-step through our state-of-the-art SaaS platform and inspire great fundraising outcomes with expert advice.
- Customer Obsessed. You are motivated by deep empathy for the problems and realities of the people who fundraise for nonprofits.
- Strong Communicator. You believe that there is no such thing as too much communication. You value understanding your teammates and make sure others understand you.
- Team Oriented. Collaboration gives you energy. You work closely with others to ensure priorities are aligned and proactively seek feedback to improve your work.
- Creative Problem Solver. You hunt down customer obstacles and are energized by creating innovative solutions.
- Risk Taker. You love to challenge the status quo, and are driven by failing fast so you can use what you learn to build a better solution.
- Process Junkie. You believe organization, workflow management and team communication are essential to the creative process.
- Strong Leader. You thrive at pulling together a cross-functional team and leveraging everyone’s strengths to get an experience into production.
- Passionate about Nonprofits. You pursue work that serves a purpose bigger than yourself. You are passionate about playing a role in improving the impact nonprofits have on society.
- 3+ years experience writing customer-facing content
- Ability to translate qualitative and quantitative insights into writing
- Portfolio that demonstrates results supporting product experiences, self help and/or online education
- Experience working with a CMS
- Understanding of how to use content to optimize SEO
- Background conducting research/testing and translating insights into rapid iterations
- Experience setting goals, tracking results and declaring priorities to improve outcomes
- Self-motivated with a strong drive for quality and consistency
- Excellent communication skills coupled with a high-level of comfort reporting outcomes, insights and priorities to improve to senior leadership
OUR AWESOME PERKS!
- 29 days off annually including vacation + holidays
- 10 half-day Fridays a year
- 20 hours paid volunteer time off
- Monthly parking pass, public transit pass, or rideshare allowance
- Supplemental Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance, available day one
- 401(k) plan
- Fitness membership discounts
- Pet-friendly office
- Company and team outings and participate in team sports
- Employee development courses
- New office in downtown San Diego overlooking Petco Park and the harbor
Classy is a social enterprise that creates world-class online fundraising tools for nonprofits, modernizing the giving experience to accelerate social impact around the world – like curing disease, responding to disasters, providing access to education and other inspirational programs. Classy’s goal is to be a growth engine for nonprofits and social enterprises, helping them engage with supporters through a remarkable giving experience. Since 2011, fundraising on the Classy platform has doubled each year—resulting in thousands of nonprofits collectively raising over half a billion dollars.
Did you know that over $390 billion is donated annually to U.S. nonprofits, yet only a small fraction of this number is donated online? This massive market has been devoid of significant innovation in technology for decades - with most modern technology companies focusing elsewhere. Therefore, this market is ripe for disruption.
Classy is a VC-backed SaaS company headquartered in San Diego, boasting a culture that is exciting, result-oriented, and above all else, committed to our mission. Our customers deserve a technology solution—and a team— that can transform the giving experience. We’d love for you to be a part of it. Today, the 225-person Classy team services over 3,000 nonprofit customers and also hosts the annual Classy Awards to shine a spotlight on the innovative work nonprofits are implementing around the globe.
Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience, including equity in a SaaS company backed by prominent technology investors, including JMI Equity, Mithril, Salesforce Ventures, and Bullpen Capital. Classy has raised $53 million to-date in growth capital. For more information, visit www.classy.org or follow Classy on Twitter: @Classy.