About The Role
We're looking for you.
Classy is building tools to allow the world's most passionate nonprofits to fulfill their mission and empower change.
You'll be joining engineers who are working on features used by nonprofits to manage daily operations, communicate with supporters, and drive fundraising efforts.
What You'll Do
We're looking for engineers to help us continue pushing the envelope and build software that matters.
As a Full Stack Software Engineer at Classy you'll be responsible for solving complex problems. You'll be challenged to write clean, well-tested code and contribute as part of a team in thorough code review and peer programming.
- You'll have the oppportunity to work in React, from small reusable components to full-fledged features.
- Provide scalable endpoints that power our application in Node.js and Express.
- Continue our adoption of GraphQL through the integration of new APIs and services into our GraphQL schema.
- Scratch your itch in the new Serverless paradigm through use of AWS Lambda and the Serverless Framework.
- Hone your devops chops through exposure to how we utilize AWS and cloud infrastructure.
- GraphQL & Apollo
- Node.js & Express
- AWS Lambda
- Serverless Framework
For this role we're looking for individuals with:
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Experience in the development of APIs, ideally in Node.js or popular frameworks
- Understanding of schema design in relational or nosql databases (Mysql, MongoDB)
- An interest in the nonprofit sector or desire to improve the lives of others through code
Our Awesome Perks!
- 29 days off annually including vacation + holidays
- 10 half-day Fridays a year
- 20 hours paid volunteer time off
- Monthly parking pass, public transit pass, or ride-share allowance
- Supplemental Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance, available day one
- 401(k) plan
- Fitness membership discounts
- Pet friendly office
- Love the active life? We have company and team outings and participate in team sports
- Monthly employee development courses
- New expansive office in downtown San Diego overlooking Petco Park baseball stadium and the ocean
Classy is a social enterprise that creates world-class online fundraising tools for nonprofits, modernizing the giving experience to accelerate social impact around the world. Originally started as a beach-side pub crawl to raise money for cancer research, Classy has built a powerful donor ecosystem that, since 2011, has helped thousands of organizations raise over half a billion dollars – with fundraising doubling on the platform every year since launch. Classy is trusted by organizations of all sizes, from the fastest-growing nonprofits like Team Rubicon and Malala Fund, to some of the world’s largest social organizations, such as Acumen Fund, Heifer International, and Shriners Hospitals for Children.
A VC-backed SaaS company based in San Diego, CA and recognized by Fast Company as one of the Most Innovative Companies for Social Good, Classy boasts a culture that is exciting, result-oriented, and above all else, committed to our mission. Our customers deserve a technology solution—and a team— that can transform the giving experience. We’d love for you to be a part of it. Today, the 225-person Classy team services over 3,000 nonprofit customers and also hosts the annual Classy Awards to shine a spotlight on the innovative work nonprofits are implementing around the globe.
Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience, including equity in a SaaS company backed by prominent technology investors, including JMI Equity, Mithril, Salesforce Ventures, and Bullpen Capital. Classy has raised $53 million to-date in growth capital. For more information, visit www.classy.org or follow Classy on Twitter: @Classy